Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

A2A Cessna 182 released!

For anyone using the flight 1 gtn750 are u having issues with the screen brightness in the vc? It is so bright and washed out it is unreadable. The 2nd panel looks good though.

Matt Wilson

In the CONTROLS menu (SHIFT-3).  Click on the word "Default."  

Scott.

Thanks Scott, found it (of course) right after posting my question. I'm liking this plane more with each flight!  

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Is anyone using Hardware for light switches and AP ? Can the switches be flipped?

I'm using my Goflight MCPPRO to manipulate the autopilot dials using Goflight Interface Tool.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm using my Goflight MCPPRO to manipulate the autopilot dials using Goflight Interface Tool.

Moreover you can create custom events to interface to more advanced aircraft that do not comply with simconnect standards and use their own custom code.

I see, sounds like its to complex for to use with a default fsx AP controller. Thanks 

ZORAN

What True Airspeed (TAS) are you guys seeing with this airplane?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

FYI, you can manipulate the C-182 AP without having to use the GoFlight Interface tools.  A2A also has an Input Configurator which you can setup to control other switches/controls ... what I usually do is just assign a key sequence A2A Configurator and then set that key sequence up in GFConfig.  The mixture I have to setup via FSUIPC (not sure why but if I don't I can't get full range).

Don't get me wrong, I like the GoFlight Interface Tool and have donated to the cause ... but with A2A C-182 I haven't "needed" to use it yet.

Cheers, Rob.

Since the separate licence for FSX and P3d haven`t bought any A2A aircraft.

Dual licence is a bit expensive at $99. So I must pass this airplane :(

Kimo

Regarding hardware controls, it seems that a lot of the switches are tied to default controls - lights, pitot heat, mag switch, etc.  The only thing I had to map separately was the master switches.  I used Linda for that, quite successfully.  For some reason, I couldn't get the A2A configuration tool to set up shortcuts that worked 100% of the time.

Regarding the AP, there are entries in the configuration tool for most of the AP stuff.  I haven't had time yet to play extensively with it, but it's also worth noting that on my FSUIPC profile I 'borrowed' from another plane to quickly test this one, that I had an AP button set up using default AP commands through FSUIPC on my x55 (my yoke is currently uninstalled since I've been flying non-yoke planes exclusively as of late).  The  button still worked to turn on and off the AP; turning it on placed the AP in ROL mode by default.

(edit: small disclaimer in that I'm flying this in FSX.  I have no idea if Linda works in P3D)

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

:Yawn:  Why on earth did they not model the RG version? Just to close to the C172 to be bothered with.

Because Cessna hasn't made a turbo RG since the late 70's - early 80's. Current Cessna 182 turbo model is fixed gear.

Sorry I don't get your point. Take a look at their Piper Cherokee 180, it's not a current model. My point is that the C182 is such a small incremental change from the C172 that it just isn't really worth spending the money on. They are not cheap add ons. Of all the aircraft types to model it would have been nice to have had something a little different get the Accusim treatment. That is why I suggested if they model a C182 then why not the RG.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Gregg

140kts. Next thing you'll want to know is at what power setting.

I don't remember. I do remember 5degC OAT at 5,000'.

Mike

Looks like it should be able to get around 138-143 @ 2300 RPM 85%-ish on the power.

My point is that the C182 is such a small incremental change from the C172 that it just isn't really worth spending the money on.

Sadly, I feel the same way because I REALLY love the 172. 15-20 knots faster is nice and If I didn't already have the 172, or even if I had the Cherokee instead of the 172, I'd definitely jump at the 182. A2A makes some of the best stuff out there. Their passion for their craft shows! I am keeping my fingers crossed that they have a little faster complex, retractable single or light twin on their roadmap, though. That would be an instant buy.

Chris

I posted a video in this thread ... it'll give some idea of performance but I did have a 37Kts SW wind @ FL120: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/455784-182c-out-of-alaska-nice-weather/

If I have one criticism (for the 182 and the 172 from A2A) is that the VC lights for gauges and dimmer adjustments look ... well, not very realistic (ok, I'll even say "bad).  But other than that I'm really enjoying this aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

Hmmm.. I think they look really good personally, plus they are fully dimmable unlike virtually every other GA aircraft for FSX. Screenshot courtesy of Tim-HH:

a2a_c182z5uk2.jpg

Because Cessna hasn't made a turbo RG since the late 70's - early 80's. Current Cessna 182 turbo model is fixed gear.

That may be true, but this A2A C182T is not the turbo model.  It is a 1999 - 2003 Steam gauge T model. If they had built the C182T182T (turbo T) it would cruise 175Kts at FL200 rather than 140 Kts at 8,000 ft.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .