Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

A2A Cessna 182 released!

What is - "GTN integration"

Flight1's GTN 750 - just like their previous planes have options for RXP 530W etc, I wish they would make an update to allow the Cherokee to have GTN750 integration...  it's an incredible unit!

http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/AvionicsSimulations/F1TGTN.aspx

I thought the FPS was pretty good considering the settings ... I've managed to get it up to 20-30 fps range vs. 10-16 fps I had prior ... on key element was to disable FSDT KSFO ... sadly massive VAS hit and 50% FPS drop when it's active.  Can't wait for KSFO 2 to get released ... hopefully it's more P3D friendly and no ASM.

I love this 182, it's a challenge.

Cheers, Rob.

Even if you disable all the Orbx SFO files?  I noticed the hit you describe, but then I also noticed double objects at SFO.  FB's was conflicting with Orbx.  I went to the NCA directory

A:\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery - and changed all the files with SFO in the name to *.bak

Performance is basically back to normal (and I'm on a old GTX 570)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I went to the NCA directory
A:\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery - and changed all the files with SFO in the name to *.bak

I think that does more than just the airport KSFO? 

Cheers, Rob.

Rob: How's it compare for you?

Performance is fantastic, however I don't use any GPS like you cheaters do ... joke!! ;)   The FPS numbers in my video over Orbx NCA/Bay Area are the best I've seen of any aircraft in my collection.

Also did a flight last night out of PAVD to PAEN (more remote region) and it stay at a locked 30 fps even when I was kicking up some snow on taxi/takeoff.

The flight was simply stunning and my Take Off was better as was my landing, but more practice needed.  I switched to lighter weight engine oil because is was -6C out at PAVD on the ground.

I did have one strange issue, the sound seemed to cut in/out ... at certain RPMs the engine/prop sounds are very quiet (maybe this is accurate to the 182??).

Cheers, Rob.

If you step back and look, A2A is providing a real choice in the path for you as a virtual aircraft owner.  You have a choice between Skyhawk and Cherokee, two similar but different entry level planes.  No doubt one of these two planes fits you better, fits your style of flying, your personality, and so on.

Next your path will again have a choice, between this 182 and whatever next GA project is, likely V35/Comanche. Are you a backwoods type of pilot or a speed first oriented pilot?  You can probably can answer that question by looking in your garage, is there an offroad vehicle or a sports/muscle car?  Is mission flexibility my priority or is getting there as quickly as possible my priority?

Just like choosing a car, these are choices that real aircraft owners make....do I plan on going camping in the backwoods, or do I plan on taking long trips? 

The fact that we do have this kind of choice of uber detailed GA aircraft is a very good thing.

Cheers

TJ

If you step back and look, A2A is providing a real choice in the path for you as a virtual aircraft owner.  You have a choice between Skyhawk and Cherokee, two similar but different entry level planes.  No doubt one of these two planes fits you better, fits your style of flying, your personality, and so on.

Next your path will again have a choice, between this 182 and whatever next GA project is, likely V35/Comanche.

True in theory, but no good for addicts like me, who would cast all this logical selection aside and 'buy 'em all any way!'.  :smile:

True in theory, but no good for addicts like me, who would cast all this logical selection aside and 'buy 'em all any way!'.   :smile:

Haha yeah, in the end, I am the same way, 'buy em all!', especially with A2A and RealAir.  It is kind of funny, you will find the popularity of a particular addon different depending on what FS site you go to.  If you go to SOH, the warbirds are popular.  If you go to FTX, the bush oriented planes are popular.  Here IFR A-B seems to be the most popular.

Cheers

TJ

You're right that the cowl is much larger though.  Truly, they (airplane devs) need to come up with a way for you to be able to set your eyepoint...

Our model is based on a measured C182T with the longer, sleeker cowling with the Lycoming engine and not the older stubbier Skylanes with the Continental.  The two cowlings are completely different.  We placed the eyepoint where it is in the 182T we flew for a 5' 10" pilot.  The view out over the nose should be exact.

Scott.

I think that does more than just the airport KSFO? 

Cheers, Rob.

Not that I've noticed.  What I have noticed is norcal area in NCA is hard on fps.  FB's SFO isn't that bad.  The combo is deadly I agree.  I had to delete my cranes from Orbx scenery.  I was literally getting single digit fps with FB KSFO and NCA.  Without those airport files renamed I get about 17 fps (lock set to 30) with FB KSFO and Orbx NCA (but no cranes).  Same combo with their NCA SFO files renamed I'm at 26 (locked at 30).  I'm flying the Alabeo Saratoga in these non scientific tests.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

A2A 182  plus GTN750 equals absolute VC bliss !!!

The total immersion I get with A2A products is amazing...attention to detail at the highest level.

Well done boys !!

Greg

Our model is based on a measured C182T with the longer, sleeker cowling with the Lycoming engine and not the older stubbier Skylanes with the Continental. The two cowlings are completely different. We placed the eyepoint where it is in the 182T we flew for a 5' 10" pilot. The view out over the nose should be exact.

Scott.

Thanks for that Scott. It was something that crossed my mind when I made the original comment - that maybe the plane had physically changed. In that 18 minute vid you did appear seated relatively higher than I remember. I'm not going to complain about a better view!

Now that I've found the HSI switch (which of course was right in front of my nose...) I'm a happy camper.

Cheers

Mike

Just logged 1.5 hours flying around Rob's home turf (aka Bay Area) in ASN WX (kinda murky out there). Anyway, I too was wondering if it would resemble the 172 but certainly it does not. Add the GTN750 and it's no where close.

Another excellent aircraft from A2A!

Off to do some touch and go's at Hayward...(I think that's where I left it).

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Our model is based on a measured C182T with the longer, sleeker cowling with the Lycoming engine and not the older stubbier Skylanes with the Continental. The two cowlings are completely different. We placed the eyepoint where it is in the 182T we flew for a 5' 10" pilot. The view out over the nose should be exact.

Scott.

So, the trick for folks that have EZDoc or, perhaps, TrackIR is to look at (and, possibly, take a screenshot) your first view and make sure that after your views are set, to make sure it looks similar...if you're 5'10...or sitting on a pillow, etc.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Now that I've found the HSI switch (which of course was right in front of my nose...

Mike,

My nose is in the way...can you share where that switch is?

THX,

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Mike,

My nose is in the way...can you share where that switch is?

THX,

In the CONTROLS menu (SHIFT-3).  Click on the word "Default."  

Scott.

Can the autopilot be manipulated by any of the Generic AP Hardware out there? eg I have the VRinsight Mpanel that can handle FSX default aircraft. I would much rather prefer to use it than a mouse

BUMP

Is anyone using Hardware for light switches and AP ? Can the switches be flipped?

ZORAN

For someone who flies in P3D and wants an RXP GPS like experience.... This is the bird. To have a fully modeled GTN 750 in the dash in P3D? This is currently the ONLY option. And to be the only option at this level of detail ala A2A? Priceless. Worth every damn penny. And a fully functional HSI?! Icing.

Charles.