Sign in to follow this  
arnava1304

P3d + Rex4 = water not animated at all

To test whether wave animations are working or not :

1. Tessellation to Ultra.

2. Mesh resolution to 1 m.

3. Fly the Robinson helicopter and land on the shore of an ocean. Do you see waves?

4. In the P3d UI, set user generated weather to the maximum  wind speed.

5. Now do you see bigger waves?

REX has stated that they are working on improving the wave animation with an upcoming Service Pack for REX 4 TD, but so far, there is no tentative release date.

At altitude there really isn't any animation.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There is animation, but it isnt rex4, in fact it is worse animation than FSX default

I don't think there is.  What you're seeing is the sun reflecting off the seas and when you fly the reflection changes position making you think there is animation.

The only animation I see is lower level when the tessellation waves come into play (I think it's around 1000 AGL).

edit:  Oh I'm wrong actually.  I went into slew mode and didn't move but watched a bit of higher altitude wave animation.  It is crappy though you're right.  You can barely tell.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There is definitely wave animation, if everything is installed correctly. It's just that the REX 4 textures look almost static at higher altitude in P3d. Also, although P3d is capable of displaying white caps, sea foam and spray, these features are presently not active.

It's just that the REX 4 textures look almost static at higher altitude in P3d.

Wrong, default P3D is the same of what appears to be static at altitude.

We recently stated we enhanced this in both of our products, REX4 and REX Essential. Updates for both should be out soon. Wave animation is much more prominent.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I'm not sure what you are saying is "wrong". Are you saying that both the default P3d and REX4 textures give the same result that people are claiming to see in this thread?

Are you saying that both the default P3d and REX4 textures give the same result that people are claiming to see in this thread?

Yes.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I don't think that anybody in this thread or elsewhere think that the issue has anything to do with the REX 4 textures. It's a P3d thing, but if you guys can fix it that would be great.