Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

MH17 Shoot Down "Image"

The cynics (and those who know a bit about planes) won't believe this.

The conspiracy theorists will.

That would be the case no matter who produced ('published' is too kind a word for it) the 'photo'.

A MiG driver would set himself up better, and the Sukhoi claimed wouldn't even get close. And then there is the itty bitty warhead on a little AAM.

The cynics (and those who know a bit about planes) won't believe this.

The conspiracy theorists will.

That would be the case no matter who produced ('published' is too kind a word for it) the 'photo'.

A MiG driver would set himself up better, and the Sukhoi claimed wouldn't even get close. And then there is the itty bitty warhead on a little AAM.

No need to even use that much logic. Just looking at the photo really did it for me. It's just laughable to think they would try convince people this was legit. Really sad.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Any conspiracy is better than none at all when a cover up is in progress.  <_< 

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

IMO Mr.Putin is asking now for a new Serajevo.

Ben Rikken

Any conspiracy is better than none at all when a cover up is in progress.  <_<

The best conspiracies are those that convince people that a conspiracy existed in the first place.

Agree that the tactics "depicted" in the image don't look right.

scott s.

FYI, this has been proven to be more than likely fake. The scale of the objects look quite wrong. The fighter looks to be a Sukhoi, and while it's obviously much smaller than something like a 777, it shouldn't be that much smaller.

The Russians have spent almost a century feeding BS to anyone that would listen to them.  This is simply another example.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

A costly satellite image taken over a completely sparse area at the exact moment a 500m/s+ missile was launched. I'd say that was pretty convenient!

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

The fighter looks to be a Sukhoi, and while it's obviously much smaller than something like a 777, it should be that much smaller.

Stand corrected. My first impression was a -29, but you're right. No matter... it's all still just wrong.

Mike

Malaysian flight MAS17, service from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was operated by the Boeing 777-200ER.

Here we see this image the russian media released, superimposed on an image of a 767-200 (in Boeing house livery).

c626de04beb5c525301f9c4f82bee832.gif

They might want to get the aircraft type right next time... or maybe we should just accuse them of shooting down (but missing?) a 767-200 in a separate, new incident too.

A costly satellite image taken over a completely sparse area at the exact moment a 500m/s+ missile was launched. I'd say that was pretty convenient!

While I agree with everyone here the photo is a fake, this area, an area that is already in an armed conflict involving Russia, is exactly where US, UK satellites would be focused on. It was a US satellite that was able to determine there was a missile launch in the area. at the time of the shoot down.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d