Sign in to follow this  
tod

Issues with some AI Aircraft Labels in P3Dv2.4

Not sure if anyone else has the same problem. But after configuring the [AContain] section in the P3D Config.exe inside Simstarter, my configuration does not get applied consistently during gameplay. Specifically I choose ShowLabelAirline=1, ShowLabelFlightPlan=1, and ShowLabelModel=1. ShowLabelModel is available as a selection inside the game menu, so this one always shows during gameplay. However, the first two labels are only available as a selection in the cfg file, and do not always display during gameplay. When they do not show, the AI Aircraft only has the Model showed and does not cycle through the other two labels. I have no idea why this happens except it could be a bug. 

Otherwise, this is a fantastic program.

Thanks

Tod

Hi Tod,

thank you for your post. I am sorry, but I do not get your problem.

Are you using the "tick-boxes" at "PREPAR3d Configuration" > "Show aircraft labels"?

Are you using master profile or Profile02 - 09?

Please send me your prepar3d.cfg for better understanding.

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Sorry Pero that I didn't explain my issue well. I don't know how to export a profile and not sure how to embed a file to this forum.

I am not using the "tickboxes" inside P3D menu because the selection is limited. I like to show flightplan and airline, which are not available in the tickboxes.

Yes I am using the Master Profile, and up to 9. I selected several AI Labels to show when playing the P3D. Sometimes all the labels show above the moving AI Aircraft, but most of the time it does not show all. It only shows the first AI Label, which is ShowLabelModel.

Under your program's Profile Settings, "Prepared3D.CFG, I cannot copy-paste the selection under [AContain] for you to see.

Hope you can replicate it.

Thanks for your quick response.

Tod

Hi Tod,

thank you for your post. ;O)

Now I got you. I assume, that this error has nothing to do with a error of SIMstarter. Could it be, that some of your AI-Planes does not have a proper "Description"?

You could double check:

1. Start the profile with SIMstarter
  2. END Prepar3D
  3. open your prepar3d.cfg (with an external configuration editor)
  4. if section "[AContain]" is configured well, my guess should be right

Otherwise you can send me the prepar3d.cfg to my email adress: capt_pero@web.de

Could you please post me the missing settings? Maybe I add them to the tick-boxes... ;O)

I have double-checked as you requested and concluded that it is not Simstarter. Even if I didn't start P3D with using Simstarter, the AI label resets by itself (or something is overridding my setting).

I'll show the [AContain] folder in P3D during startup with my settings.

[AContain]
ShowLabels=1
ShowUserLabel=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=0
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabelTailNumber=0
ShowLabelDistance=0
ShowLabelAltitude=0
ShowLabelAirline=1
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=1
ShowLabelFlightPlan=1
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
LabelDelay=1000
LabelColor=FF000075

Close P3D. Open P3D.cfg directly and the [AContain] now looks like this.

[AContain]
ShowLabels=1
ShowUserLabel=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=0
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabelTailNumber=0
ShowLabelDistance=0
ShowLabelAltitude=0
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
LabelDelay=1000
LabelColor=FF000075

Anyway, I'll head over to P3D forum. Thanks for responding. For a freeware product, your support is better than some payware vendors I dealt with in the past.

Cheers

Anyway, I'll head over to P3D forum. Thanks for responding. For a freeware product, your support is better than some payware vendors I dealt with in the past.

You are welcome!

Yup. Same problem here. You can't change the config file to show AI aircraft flightplan or airline. Very frustrating and it takes a lot of the fun out of it for me. But I guess the intention of LM is not "fun", from what I've read. I have P3Dv3 and I cant get anything to work. I cant fly on VATSIM or IVAO, I cant use many addon programs. I got WOAI working but MAIW for military bases and aircraft is totally incompatible (more fun gone for me) and this was my favorite part about using FS9.

But to not even be able to adjust the config to show something as simple as aircraft labels as you want them, is just ridiculous. I'm skeptical and I doubt this problem will be addressed by LM any time soon.

I am starting to think I screwed up buying P3D. I never liked FSX and I hate the feel of XPX. We need a new flight sim that is totally reworked from the ground up using all of the great tech that has come out as of late. I thought P3D might be it until I learned it was based on Microsoft outdated technologies. I guess we gotta wait another ten years, at least.