Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

737NGX VC Shadows did not work until SP1D

Ah, you're most welcome and I fully understand your position. I'm in the same boat having invested more hours into tweaking FSX to my liking than I'm comfortable thinking of but in the end like many others I do think P3D is the future.

My main concern switching to P3D has been the NGX not available but now that there is a P3D version out the only thing holding me back is airport scenery compatibility with ESSA on the top of the list since that's my home airport.

I managed to install the ESSA scenery with the migration tool when I "tried" migrating to P3D. But to be honest, the ESSA scenery from Aerosoft is severely outdated and should have been given a facelift. Nice to some independent developers are working on a new version though:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/arlanda-stockholm.429377/

But on topic - thanks for confirming Steve. Anyways, I'm not complaining over the cockpit shadows I receive by using the DX10 fixer. They look great! 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I managed to install the ESSA scenery with the migration tool when I "tried" migrating to P3D. But to be honest, the ESSA scenery from Aerosoft is severely outdated and should have been given a facelift. Nice to some independent developers are working on a new version though:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/arlanda-stockholm.429377/

But on topic - thanks for confirming Steve. Anyways, I'm not complaining over the cockpit shadows I receive by using the DX10 fixer. They look great! 

Yep, managed to install ESSA in the same way using the migration tool but the performance was horrible to be honest. Very nice to see the ESSA freeware project, wasn't aware of that one and will watch it closely so thanks for the link!

Back on track I'm just doing the return leg from ESGG to ESSA now with the adaptive HD shadows option unchecked and the shadows are really, really nice so at this time I'm more than happy with my FSX-DX10 combo :smile:

Richard Åsberg

I intend to buy a copy of TrackIR 5 next week to try and look into the zoom issue. I don't have SP1D yet as I bought the NGX from Aerosoft.

Sounds great Steve and I assure you you'll have lots of enjoyment from your TrackIR 5 device other than for troubleshooting. If you ask me that's one of the best investments you can do for your experience in FS!

Richard Åsberg

Hi Steve ,

I only have a small question .
I have changed the PMDG NGX VC SP1D with the DX10 tool.

The shadows are good and working

Or is it better not to change the VC with the DX10 tool. ?

greeting
EDDM Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

It doesn't make any difference. Shadows can be switched on by using the DX10 tool on a plane by plane basis or globally for all planes in fsx.cfg. The shadows you see will be the same.

All of a sudden I'm experiencing some weird shadows in the NGX, and I've had this before. At certain angles, mostly towards the sun, all the white letters and numbers light up like crazy while everything else is dark and dim. Combine this with SweetFX and everything looks horrible. Two pictures below. I have tried fiddeling with the settings in the DX10Fixer but no luck. Maybe its not as prominent on the pictures but its definitely noticeable.

Without sweetFX:

VOX7dke.jpg

With sweetFX:

bPVpRjc.jpg

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

It may be a bloom glare effect on the dial markings which possibly aren't set in the PMDG model to show shadows. Turn off bloom in game and see if it goes away, if it does reenable and adjust the dx10 bloom settings.