Sign in to follow this  
VPA481

New to FS2Crew and ... stuck

Hi everyone,

I should have read more about the possible mess before purchasing.

I just bought FS2Crew for the T7, and as I run Win7-64 French, with absolutely no will to down/upgrade my OS (for one software, come on ...), I installed Vistalizator as suggested. I installed english pack, the thing is that - after reboot multiple times - it does not appear in the MS speech recon (only default french is available) in the scroll menu. I tried to uninstall the package, but it sticks to an error: desinstall failed.

No need to say how i'm upset.

I know that FS2Crew devs invite to contact Vistalizator dev for support, the thing is that the project is no more supported / dead for at least 2 years.

Your help would be really appreciated to get it sorted. I was really waiting for this release to dive into FS2Crew world, it looks like i'm drowning instead, at least with a useless add-on

Cheers.

Hi,

I've tried to contact Vistalizator before, but they never reply to me either.

I know a large number of our non anglo users use Vistalizator successfully, however.

Can any French users help him out here.

Your options are:

1. Use Button Control.  It's good.  There's nothing wrong with it.

2. Upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 8.

If you want to stick with Win 7, you may be able to upgrade to Ultimate without having to re-install your OS.  Check with Microsoftt on that.

Hi,

Thanks for reply. The fact is that I bought it to use the voice function ...

Upgrading from Win7 Pro to Win7 Integral would cost me 135€, the only difference being those languages thing, kind of naughty thing.

I'm waiting to other non english OS users and see if they can help me.

Hi,

You might want to try

1) install Vistalizator (but not yet change the language)

2) reboot the PC (and do the probably necessary new language related updates)

3) start Vistalizator and change therein the language to "English - US"

4) reboot again

I might then be possible to set OS language back to the native language and just use "English - US" as the language for the speech recognition.

Good luck. Otherwise, as mentioned, the upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 8 is always a route to go.

Andreas Furger

Hi,

Vistalizator is a stand alone program, so downloading is necessary, not installing.

I did what you asked for: nothing more.

In the meantime, I succeeded in finding the registry key that messed up, now english US appears in speech recognition, but Windows interface is still in french, so speech learning gives an error as both languages don't match. When I change to english in Vistalizator / reboot, it's back into french. I already spent about 10 hours on this, and since i've been buying / installing add-ons for FS (15 years or so), first time I'm seing this.

And, once more, I won't put 200 euros just to make a 25 euros add-on to work.

By the way, with "install" I meant the 2 steps "run" and "add language" as "downloading" alone does not help that much even though Vistalizator is a stand alone program. . . :wink:

Andreas Furger

Hi Furger,

Yes, I ran it ad admin.

I gave up. I spent my all sunday to make it work, I failed. It looks like I'm not the only Win7 not integral user not being able to make it run. I'm not an expert in IT, but this is the very first time I can't make it. I know it works for a vaste majority, in my case: not. The main problem is that Vistalizator does not belong to FS2crew, so using a 2+ year old abandoned project is a real russian roulette.

@VPA481

I can remember I had a problem too installing this software!

I resolved this problem: right click on Vistalizator -Properties-Compatibility-Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 7, I suppose you're running Windows 7 Service pack1-this creates problems.

Also make the language pack windows 7 compatible mode!! 

Hope this helps!

Robert

I resolved this problem: right click on Vistalizator -Properties-Compatibility-Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 7, I suppose you're running Windows 7 Service pack1-this creates problems.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your help. Yes, I did  this too yesterday, I found the trick in this forum, but it did not help. I think that the fact that this soft is no longer supported creates multiple instability cases. As Bryan said, only a couple of us have problem, the majority run it without problem.

In my case, it also created registry mess, BSOD, black screens, and had to restore my PC completely.

Anyway, thank you to FS2Crew, we found a commercial solution until I switch to Win-10 Integral, due in T3/T4 2015.

Good day.

@VPA481,

I remember I used an older version Vistalizator for my installation!

Never tried the new one.

If you want I can send you the older version because I still got it?

Just send me a PM with your email.

You have to follow the the next for installation:

Just let me know if you are interested.

Robert