Sign in to follow this  
ac798

AI-Aircraft editor unknown error

Hi,

I was opening AI-aircraft editor and all of a sudden nothing works anymore. When I open it I get this message : 

Run-time error '76':

Path not found

then it opens but nothing shows up and whatever I click nothing shows up or applies or simply anything.

It was working fine just a few seconds ago. I was installing new AI aircrafts and used the editor to check the textures using the model viewer. But now poof everything gone, I uninstalled and reinstalled, still same error.

Any help please appreciated.

Thank you.

Have you made any changes to your computer or OS or your permissions?  Have you changed the program's icon to include Run As Administrator in the Properties?

No I didn't do anything, like I said I was installing new AI aircrafts textures and I had the program opened to check them at the same time if the textures show up good. I never ran it as admin too.

Hi.

It sounds like a registry error or an incipient hard disk failure.

When you reinstalled, did you do it to the same location? Try reinstalling to a completely different folder, preferably on another HD if you have two.

You may want to run a complete HD check, including testing the disk's surface. You could also try cleaning your registry with something like Piriform's CCleaner. The best time for that would be after uninstalling your current AIAE and before reinstalling to a different location.

Just be sure to make a backup of at least the registry before doing anything. I don't know what OS you have but I'd say a full system state backup would be a good place to start. A regular full backup to an external HD would be better still. Christmas is coming...

Cheers,

D

For a try out, I got it solved by doing a system restore. I don't know if it's going to happen again but if it will, I'll try your solutions and report back here for success or failure.

Thank you very much. A must have program for AI enthusiasts.

Just by the way, I don't think it's a hard disk related issue. Something happened with the registry but I got no clue what caused it.

Hi.

Some scenery installers can mess around with the registry - I suppose the same is true of AI installers.

A month or so ago I had to uninstall FS9 to get Windows to strip it from the registry, manually clean it up myself, reinstall FS9 and load my last backup on top of the clean installation after a Central American addon scenery bollixed up my registry and caused a regularly incrementing magnetic deviation, leaving me flying around in circles.

You can understand I now have a very strong prejudice now in favour of completely manual installation...

Best regards,

D