Sign in to follow this  
andrec

NGX + 2.10Ghz. Usable or 1 Frame per seconder?

As the title implies, I have an Intel Pentium B950 running at @2.10Ghz. I'm pretty sure the NGX would murder my processor if I attempted to run the beautiful plane. I've came here asking your opinion on the NGX on a 2.10Ghz and what you think should be the minimum processor speed that could smoothly run this plane.

(I'm aware with what the website says about minimum requirements)

As the title implies, I have an Intel Pentium B950 running at @2.10Ghz. I'm pretty sure the NGX would murder my processor if I attempted to run the beautiful plane. I've came here asking your opinion on the NGX on a 2.10Ghz and what you think should be the minimum processor speed that could smoothly run this plane.

(I'm aware with what the website says about minimum requirements)

Well, we need to know your graphics card, that has a fairly important piece of the performance.

To answer your question, I ran the NGX at less than 20 FPS on a 2.3 GHz, but I did have a very low graphics card - only 256MB. I frequently had parts of the plane turning into a skeleton due to graphics memory errors.

If I were you. I wouldn't get it until I upgraded the CPU. I don't know what your GPU is, but the processor would be your priority, then your GPU.

How would it run with your current CPU? well, to be honest, you'll have to put sliders really low. Because even at mid settings you'd be looking at a slideshow.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

If I were you. I wouldn't get it until I upgraded the CPU. I don't know what your GPU is, but the processor would be your priority, then your GPU.

How would it run with your current CPU? well, to be honest, you'll have to put sliders really low. Because even at mid settings you'd be looking at a slideshow.

Well, we need to know your graphics card, that has a fairly important piece of the performance.

To answer your question, I ran the NGX at less than 20 FPS on a 2.3 GHz, but I did have a very low graphics card - only 256MB. I frequently had parts of the plane turning into a skeleton due to graphics memory errors.

Alright, thanks a lot guys! My graphics card is 1696MB. Seems like upgrading first is the way to go.

Thanks again!