Sign in to follow this  
arnava1304

Is there a P3Dv2 setup service

From my FSX days I remember that people used to remotely setup their FSX for them, can somebody do that for P3D

I wouldn't trust anyone around my software keys. It's relatively painless to install, just don't let it install to program files x86 so you aren't affected by the usual  windows problems. You really don't need to tweak the config like FSX.

P3D works really well with no tweaks!

There is hardly any set up to do inside the .cfg file...it's all in the settings inside P3D. 

The only thing I've added is the Fiber_Frame_Fraction=0.01 mod in the [MAIN] part of the Prepar3d.cfg mentioned in another thread here on AVSIM.

I get great visuals with average of 25-35 FPS running 100% AI Traffic, FTX Global and Vector with the RealAir Turbine, and REX4 Textures.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

From my FSX days I remember that people used to remotely setup their FSX for them, can somebody do that for P3D

One of them was Michael Greenblatt from FS-GS, he set FS9 and FSX up for me a few times.  Doubt he would have much business with P3D as it is fairly straightforward to set up.

I wouldn't trust anyone around my software keys. It's relatively painless to install, just don't let it install to program files x86 so you aren't affected by the usual  windows problems. You really don't need to tweak the config like FSX.

What would you have to worry about unless they are going into your registry?  You are watching what they do on your PC.  Not everyone is a crook.

\Robert Hamlich/

I have never had a problem installing FSX or P3D in the Program Files (x86) folder. I have never understood what the fuss is about.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris, just because you personally haven't run into a problem yet does not mean that it can't turn around and bite you someday when you least expect it.

Since neither FSX nor P3D cares one whit where it is installed, why not simply avoid the potential problems that can occur. It's known as "risk management..."

If one has a choice between a brand new steel bridge or an ancient rope bridge with possibly weakened wood slats over which one can cross a deep canyon, why would any sane person not choose the steel bridge?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

One of them was Michael Greenblatt from FS-GS, he set FS9 and FSX up for me a few times.  Doubt he would have much business with P3D as it is fairly straightforward to set up.

What would you have to worry about unless they are going into your registry?  You are watching what they do on your PC.  Not everyone is a crook.

Not saying everyone is a crook but one only need to look at the "FS Genius" debacle to realize you need someone trustworthy.

@arnava1304 if you really need help getting your P3D up and running, the LM forums and AVSIM are wonderful resources. If you run into problems I could help you if you'd like via teamviewer,  or you could join the teamspeak of the group I fly with, but I would never take a penny of your money.

Hi,

I've replaced Buffer Pools=0 with Fiber_Frame_Fraction=0.01 and have never looked back. That's the only tweak I use.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I have never had a problem installing FSX or P3D in the Program Files (x86) folder. I have never understood what the fuss is about.

Does it hurt you NOT to install into "program files (x86)? I think it doesn't. Well, you can do on your PC what you want but please avoid to recommend it to others.

Spirit

I wasn't aware that I was recommending anything. I was simply stating an opinion based on my own personal experience. Has this been banned at AVSIM when I wasn't looking? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I wasn't aware that I was recommending anything.

Sorry, I should have said persuading.

Spirit

I wasn't aware that I was recommending anything. I was simply stating an opinion based on my own personal experience. Has this been banned at AVSIM when I wasn't looking? :huh:

Sadly I don't think this was ever permitted on Avsim.....

LOL this thread deteriorated quickly

ZORAN

One of them was Michael Greenblatt from FS-GS, he set FS9 and FSX up for me a few times. Doubt he would have much business with P3D as it is fairly straightforward to set up.

Didn't he pass away 2-3 years ago?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.