Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

FSX does not load properly sometimes

So, I've been having this problem with FSX for a long time now, and although it's really just an annoyance I'd like to get it fixed. I run FSX in windowed mode, and after I click on the FSX icon I usually open up my web browser while I wait for it to load up. If I'm simply creating a flight then flying using my web browser doesn't seem to matter. However, when I try to load a flight, if I had been using my browser between launching FSX and resuming the flight, FSX's visuals do not load. What happens is that, instead of the loading bar on a black background, I simply get the loading bar on top of my desktop. When it finishes loading, i can hear the sounds from the sim but I cannot see anything. This only seems to occur when I do two things:

1) Use my web browser while waiting for FSX to boot up

2) Starting my VA's ACARS program at any point before I click on the 'Load' button on the FSX menu. 

Is there any way to fix this? It is quite annoying as I hate having to restart FSX if this occurs. Of course, I could always just not use my browser, but I should be able to use both at the same time and that doesnt solve my ACARS problem anyway. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Alt/Enter to switch to Full screen Mode and Alt/Enter to switch back to Windowed Mode.

Also look behind your browser (minimize it) as FSX could be running in Windowed mode behind that window.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Alt/Enter to switch to Full screen Mode and Alt/Enter to switch back to Windowed Mode.

Thank you very much, Jim, that worked!