Sign in to follow this  
usb

New Prepard3D

Thinking about purchasing Prepared3D and have a few questions if I might ask. Right now running FSX with triple monitors. How would P3D2 do with tree monitors? I also wounder about installing the P#D2 on an external SSD. Also, I see different programs ranging in price. Recommenedations? This is just my hobby.

You can run P3d via surround or drag the window across all three monitors. License discussions are banned on AVSIM forums so BUY whichever LICENSE is appropriate for YOU. SSD drives help FSX or P3d, simply getting data to the program faster. SSDs will see the greatest impact on photo scenery.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

License discussions are banned on AVSIM forums so BUY whichever LICENSE is appropriate for YOU.

License discussions are banned so buy the cheapest, academic one, but don't say anything about it! Don't even think about it! Actually, read my post through the mirror with one eye closed!!!  :lol: Seriously, the cheapest one is the one for you, you're not going to miss anything  :wink:

As for the SSD... what does it mean "external". SSDs are lighting fast (just bought one!!!), but if it's external, it'll be as fast as the connection you're using.

How do you know it's illegal??... the Academic may be exactly for him.  Sheesh.

Anyway, usb, P3D needs a decent video card, especially with three monitors... make sure you have one.  A GTX970 would be ok I think.  980 better.  There are newer models coming out soon for both those cards.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

How would P3D2 do with tree monitors?

It's really about pixel count and not so much about number of monitors ... if you can provide the resolution of each monitor that would help define the video card needed.  On high resolution setups you can indeed exceed 4GB VRAM ... so that is something to consider on the GPU choices.

And yes I will shutdown EULA discussions ... you'll just have to make the decision yourself.

Cheers, Rob.

Here is my newest build. How would it hold up to P3D2?

1.CPU:  Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor (3.5 GHz, 8 MB Cache, Intel HD graphics, BX80646I74770K).
2.Motherboard:  ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO DDR3 2800 LGA 1150 Motherboard socket for 4th Generation Intel Core i7/ i5/ i3/ Pentium / Celeron Processors
3.Memory:      G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 240-Pin Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM.
4.Storage:  Crucial M500 240GB SATA 2.5-Inch 7mm Internal Solid State Drive CT240M500SSD1.
5.Video Card:   EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card
6.Case:   Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case
7.Power Supply:   Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
8.Operating System:  a.Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit, System Builder OEM DVD 1 Pack
9.Monitor:     
Acer V226WLbd 60Hz 22.0" Monitor 3ea
10.CPU Cooler:   Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition Liquid CPU Cooler (CW-9060010-WW)
11. Corsair K70 Vengeance Keyboard
12.Bose Speakers

Heya USB, 

You may want to check if your ASUS motherboard can overclock easily. You have the "K" variant of the i7, which means it can be easily overclocked. On my MSI board there is a button, the Overclock Genie, that automatically revs my K to 4.2 GHz. I have pushed it harder to 4.6 GHz, but at the expense of heat and noise.  

Everything else looks pretty good. An 80-series GTX is slightly better than a 70-series (the last two digits denote relative performance, the first is the generation), but the extra VRAM is probably going to be useful.

JKH

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

an SSD will decrease loading times (I can't live without it ;)0 but will not increase framerates.

Once you start using P3D with DX11 and compatible addon aircraft,sorry, you will be stuck in the house for years!.

Enjoy.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Once you start using P3D with DX11 and compatible addon aircraft,sorry, you will be stuck in the house for years!.

Enjoy.

LOL! My sentiments exactly!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Asus Motherboards are prone to the dreaded bios clock freeze and PMDG don't recommend them.  the NGX and 777 go all wonky.  I know.  I have one.  Asus can't seem to find the problem.

Lon David 

When you say "BIOS clock freeze", what exactly do you mean?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Asus Motherboards are prone to the dreaded bios clock freeze and PMDG don't recommend them. the NGX and 777 go all wonky. I know. I have one. Asus can't seem to find the problem.

Lon David

Can be easily fixed by resetting the clock's memory with a jumper on the mainboard. It's annoying but it easily solves the problem once the clock hangs. So please don't schare people with statements that sound as if it's not possible to run a PMDG product on an Asus motherboard. That's BS.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

With a GTX 980 I run three 27" 2560x1440 monitors with P3D using NVIDIA Surround. My bezel corrected resolution is 8100x1440 and I can get pretty darn good performance even with a good amount of eye candy. So with your 770 and 22" monitors you'll be running I assume 5760x1080 in Surround. You should be just fine and happy with the results.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Thank you everyone for your information. I am going to get the program as I see there is lots of support here.

Go for it..don't even think about it..U will love the graphics and just the fact that is a continuously development platform. They will eventually move to 64 bits which will be the end of FSX for sure...

Regards

and yes build the best u can.....is worthy

Pedro