Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Good JFK remake?

Whats some good JFK remakes? I recently flew two flights in and out of, and would like a more detailed version than whats currently offered on FSX, and I've never really just bought an airport before, it's always been scenery that happened to include a couple of airports.

Fsdreamteam

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

You have been around for 7 years.  Surely you can do a bit of research.

FSDREAMTEAM one is great, but you need to lower the settings as you will get OOM.. esp with the 777 and the NYC Scenery.

FSDT JFKv2 is impressive! License allows FSX and P3D, and almost no FPS hit. I love it!

+1

Great performance and good FPS. On my rig I can hold a steady 25 FPS in the NGX with 70% UT and a bunch of WOAI cargo traffic, plus some bad weather loaded. I run it at 1024 to keep the VAS in line since I use MSE New York photoscenery in the area. I also use blank AFCADS for KLGA and Newark when flying to JFK to suppress the AI at those airports to increase FPS.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Won't that destroy your VAS though? From reading the net it's OOM central out there

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you can learn to live with the addon manager, then go for FSDTs version.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

To add to the tips on FSDT's rendition (which is great), a current New York package including KJFK also comes from Drzewiecki Design.

Slide show on my rig - Fsdreamteam is nice 

Rich Sennett

To add to the tips on FSDT's rendition (which is great), a current New York package including KJFK also comes from Drzewiecki Design.

You can also buy JFK separately. It looks good and is a good alternative to the FSDT version- lower price and better performance and it doesn't look half bad.