Sign in to follow this  
yardreamer

Pilatus PC-12 Blurry help

Greetings and HELP Please

I am going crazy trying to figure out why the details on my  Carenado Repaint PC-12 textures are blurry and unrecognizable. 

How I am repainting  as follows.

1. open in DXTBmp send texture to editor
  2. repaint in Photo Shop,  then saving the norm
  3. reload repaint  in DXTBmp
  4. Save the edit in DDS 5 and place in folder

Dreamer

> I am going crazy trying to figure out why the details on my  Carenado Repaint PC-12 textures are blurry and unrecognizable. 

Before saving your DDS5 file with DTXBmp, look to the right, below the Alpha image, and you will see the select boxs' for the Mipmaps. Uncheck  both Mipmap check boxs then save the file, and see how it looks.

Kerry

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Off topic, is there a good tutorial somewhere about how to do repaints?  Props if it tells you how to make the paint shine like it's out of the factory :rolleyes:,

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

> I am going crazy trying to figure out why the details on my  Carenado Repaint PC-12 textures are blurry and unrecognizable. 

Before saving your DDS5 file with DTXBmp, look to the right, below the Alpha image, and you will see the select boxs' for the Mipmaps. Uncheck  both Mipmap check boxs then save the file, and see how it looks.

Kerry

Many thanks ....looks good now thanks

Murray

Off topic, is there a good tutorial somewhere about how to do repaints?  Props if it tells you how to make the paint shine like it's out of the factory :rolleyes:,

There are some minor directions on page two of the "Three PC12 Repaints" thread. Shine is created through creative use of the spec files, which are textures that match the primary textures, but use sharper and brighter colors. It is the brighter (or darker...that's where the creative part comes in) is what is seen as light reflections. If I have time, I can try to put something together, however the art programs that I use (CorelDraw! Suite 9) is different than almost every one else uses (Adobe Photoshop) so I'm not sure how much value such a tutorial would have for most users.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

There are some minor directions on page two of the "Three PC12 Repaints" thread. Shine is created through creative use of the spec files, which are textures that match the primary textures, but use sharper and brighter colors. It is the brighter (or darker...that's where the creative part comes in) is what is seen as light reflections. If I have time, I can try to put something together, however the art programs that I use (CorelDraw! Suite 9) is different than almost every one else uses (Adobe Photoshop) so I'm not sure how much value such a tutorial would have for most users.

Well, I guess a spec is a spec, whatever you make it in.  I happen to have Photoshop but only know how to do rudimentary things with it. :(  I have a couple of airplanes I want to make repaints for if I can figure it out.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM