Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Black cloud and white flashes

Hi, just wondering if anybody else are getting black flashes in ASN clouds and blocks of white flashes since installing V2.5 of the fixer? I've all the previous versions of thw fixer and have never expirienced this before, using REX4 textures.

Cheers Rod.

Hi Steve thanks for the reply yes I have it checked but I just cant seem to rid the black cloud flash nor the white square flash on the water Im a bit stumped as I've never had them before, think I'll reinstall the fixer and start again, the only new addon is REX4 so maybe there's an issue there.

Cheers Rod.

Both are suggestive of a texture load delay, different texture sizes or a mismatch with TextureMaxLoad could perhaps cause this. You could try uninstalling Dx10SF (libraries first then from control panel) and install the previous version to see if there is any change.

I'll do that but where can I get the previous version, 2.4, as my FSS account only has v2.5 for a comparison between the two.

Cheers Rod.

Send me an email address by pm, however as an alternative you could just uninstall the libraries and test water in default dx10.

There shouldn't be any difference as dx10sf isn't involved with texture loading.

I did pm you Steve and tried your above test and still the same except for the upper level clouds which had the black flashes turned to white flashes same as the water.

Cheers Rod.

White flashes mean I think that you need to increase SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT

The clouds are different I think check that bkg.bmp in the fsx directory is dated jan 2013.

Yeh Steve in my fsx directory the bkg.bmp is dated the 19/01/13, at this stage I've never had SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT in fsx cfg.

Cheers Rod.