Sign in to follow this  
aaka

trackir

TrackIR is a stand alone program.  I think I read in this forum a few days ago that EZDock can conflict with TIR.  A quick search ought to get you that info.  if you have never used TIR it is pretty much an indispensable tool but be advised it does have a short learning curve.  Expect to be a little sea sick for the first few uses.

TrackIR does not need Ezdok, but your over all experience will improve by having it. I am not sure about issues between them, but I user TrackIR with OpusFSI, and they work fine.

You can always start with only TrackIR alone, that itself will be a liberation, and decide later if you want Ezdok or like.

TrackIR is a stand alone program.  I think I read in this forum a few days ago that EZDock can conflict with TIR.  A quick search ought to get you that info.  if you have never used TIR it is pretty much an indispensable tool but be advised it does have a short learning curve.  Expect to be a little sea sick for the first few uses.

Very true about sea sick, a little getting used to

TrackIR does not need Ezdok, but your over all experience will improve by having it. I am not sure about issues between them, but I user TrackIR with OpusFSI, and they work fine.

You can always start with only TrackIR alone, that itself will be a liberation, and decide later if you want Ezdok or like.

I can second that, Trackir and Opus go fine together. There's even a little panel inside of Opus for enabling and disabling Trackir

I recently started getting slight jitters when looking about with track ir. I use the 737 ngx and also ezdok. This isn't frequent just sometimes happens during flight. Does anyone else suffer this?

Vernon Howells

I sometimes get some jerkiness when I look about with TIR.  It mainly happens when the computer is struggling a little, with low framerates.  I got much smoother TIR action when I switched from FSX DX9 to DX10.

Track IR is indispensable. So is ezdok. They work flawlessly together, provided you always shutdown track ir first, start fsx (which starts ezdok) and then restart track ir. Otherwise ezdok gets confused and doesn't work correctly.

Track Ir is indispensable for the obvious reason of being able to turn your head to see around you in any direction as well as moving your head forward and back to adjust how close a view is. Hat switches suck plain and simple.

Ezdok is indispensable -because- track ir allows all that movement. In ezdok, you can per view you have setup, turn track ir on or off...so I have different views for captain, co-pilot, passenger etc...all these have track ir enabled....then I have other views for the throttles, overhead, radios, autopilot, tcas etc, where I have track ir disabled. So when I want to adjust my autopilot without track ir shaking me all around, I go to that view with just autopilot on the screen, and it doesn't -move-. It makes it alot easier to use the mouse to turn knobs. That's just the inside of your aircraft....ezdok also makes it easy to get the best outside shots of your plane.

I would hate to fly without either one.

Working like a charm now :) set the path to HIGH priority in properties and adjusted some settings with track IR. The smoothness was set at 30 somehow but i set it at 50 and its back to being smooth.

i found this

M

Make sure your TIR Light Filter Threshold isn't set too high, try setting 70, and adjusting from there, with a max setting of 12 for your IR Brightness. Light pollution and an incorrect Light Filter Threshold setting are the number one main causes of flicker.

If you are still having problems with jerkiness after setting the TIR light levels then you can try enabling Run TrackIR High Priority in the Server Configuration dialog.

Vernon Howells

If you right click the track ir icon and set the path like this -

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /high TrackIR5.exe

So the next time to you start fsx and track ir it'll be set as high priority.

Or you can just bring up task manager find track ir and set it as high priority but doing it as i said above saves you going into task manager each time. Let me know how you get on?

Vernon Howells

With FSX DX9 I got an annoying stutter almost every time I looked out the plane's side window with TrackIR.  When I switched to DX10 it was much improved, but still with occasional stutters.  I tried this change to the TrackIR path ("target") and it now seems that the stutters are virtually eliminated.  

Thanks!

(I had a little trouble at first because when I typed the path text (instead of copying and pasting) I missed a couple of the spaces in the text - there are 4).

I still get the jitters when looking about they seem to come and go every 20 seconds or something

Vernon Howells

I still get the jitters when looking about they seem to come and go every 20 seconds or something

Driver, do you have a weather program running? I seem to recall that this happened with FS Global Real Weather each time it updated.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit