Sign in to follow this  
fscottee

Burlington, Vermont. Need some assistance.

-3 meter mesh (dramatic rises in ground heights.  You can lower this in the scenery settings if it conflicts with your system).

-50 cm photoreal ground textures.

-full autogen buildings

-full autogen trees

-large area to fly around in outside of Burlington and possibly into Montpelier (also with full trees and buildings).

-will also work with MegasceneryEarth Vermont if you prefer your own ground textures.  But leep in mind you'll be going from detailed 50 cm to fuzzy 1.2 meter resolution.

-and need help in doing the watermasking.  I can do it myself but I'm not real good at making it look real.  If someone can do the kml file of lake champlain I will send you this scenery.

-I could also just use some help in cleaning things up around airports and placing custom buildings.

Here's a few screenshots.  ORBX Global is active that's why you see the 3D building lights.

I will be releasing this FREE when it's done. 

UoVnwG3.jpgngKtn3q.jpgW0vND2g.jpgz7BONdP.jpgYNk8Nh8.jpgQ4T0mS7.jpgyt1v0yd.jpgQyXqXle.jpg

Hi,

I wish I could be of help with this. I live in southern VT and often fly up to and around KBTV so am excited about this work you're doing. So aside from some support, enthusiasm, and gratitude I apologize for being scenery development ignorant.

Hope someone comes along that can help!

Best,

Greg     

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Appreciate that!

I would like to have some help in cleaning things up and adding in some custom buildings and such.  I have a system of adding trees on top of photoscenery accurately.  So doing large areas only takes a few minutes.  The buildings are also applied the same way using building footprints from places like openstreetmap, and in this case the Vermont GIS data database.  It has footprints for several of the cities.

I'm also doing some work on Battleboro. 

I'm also doing some work on Battleboro.

Very cool. I live about 10 miles SE of KVSF. Used to fly a C172 out of there.   

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

-I'm also starting to add custom buildings from the 3D Warehouse.

-Trees and autogen buildings are finished for a large part of central Vermont stretching from Burlington to east of Montpelier. (this is nothing like Nuvecta Treeline, which is poorly done for a commercial product.)

-Montpelier may get some love, I know the capitol is available.

-I will be adding custom placed trees to city streets in the near future.

Below photos are with MSE2 Vermont.

First, running 3 meter mesh may cause some issues.  Lots of dramatic heights.  Perhaps a bit too detailed for FSX.

0Ovm23q.jpg

ttbhZex.jpgIDTeTFx.jpgIZV3Xif.jpg8wbHOwR.jpg

BTW, I could really use some help with watermasking.  I have the ground textures, just need someone willing to help out.

Just east of Montpelier.  Autogen buildings only, will need some love to fix oddities.

wRGHcsd.jpg

And looking at Battleboro:

En0VxmV.jpg

And looking at Battleboro:

Ah the old Wally World building, Malfunction Junction (dead center), and I think I see The Marina restaurant in the meadows, upriver. Looking for the ski jump...hmmmm....must get closer.

Nicely done! 

Best way to do watermasks IMHO is not with a .kml but on your actual imagery itself with the magnetic lasso tool in PhotoShop. It'll follow the shoreline almost effortlessly with very little clicking (if any) involved. Plus you end up with a watermask that matches your exact piece of imagery so if there's a tree hanging out over the shore you mask around it and it looks like a tree hanging over the shore instead of a green wet thing. You can even save your blend and watermasks as alpha channels in the .tif you export from your photoshop file which eliminates the channelBlendMask= and channelWaterMask= BS in the .inf, you don't need to add sources for water and blend masks in other words.

Jim

So far I have 81 custom buildings placed.  

I have the watermasking issue figured out, so I no longer need any help in that department. 

At this point I have to start thinking about framerates as adding in the custom placed autogen and trees will bring down the fps a bit. 

With autogen buildings and then without:

ZeC581o.jpg

Kt8K9An.jpgv5eOS1D.jpgtscI7bA.jpgAv2wTi0.jpg