Sign in to follow this  
tdenbrock

Nav Data missing in the PMDG 777

I am having an issue with my PMDG 777 Nav Data. Everything was working fine until I tried to install the airport VHHX. After I did install it by the instructions, the 777 would not recognize the airport or any other airport for that matter. I uninstalled the VHHX but it didn't help. My other 3 PMDG A/C 737, MD-11, 747 Nav Data works just fine and recognizes all the airports including the VHHX. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the 777 3 times but nothing seems to work.

Tom Denbrock

I am having an issue with my PMDG 777 Nav Data. Everything was working fine until I tried to install the airport VHHX. After I did install it by the instructions, the 777 would not recognize the airport or any other airport for that matter. I uninstalled the VHHX but it didn't help. My other 3 PMDG A/C 737, MD-11, 747 Nav Data works just fine and recognizes all the airports including the VHHX. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the 777 3 times but nothing seems to work.

Hi tdenbrock,

This is puzzling because if all the aircraft are in FSX, they are all using the same data.

There is an auto installer around, but it no longer works with recent Airacs (nav data files), so possibly if you used it something got messed up.

A couple of things:

Before you do anything else, reinstall the Airac (nav data set) you are using (the unedited version) and make sure your 777 is working again.

Then:

Here is a link for manual install info and instructions that should work OK:

http://www.vapap.com/kai-tak-airport

Scroll down and download the PMDG manual install zip file.  (There are also very useful charts available higher up on the page.)  Follow the instructions carefully.

Hope this helps!

Mike

PS: The moderators of this forum want you to sign your full name.

Also want to add that reinstalling might not overwrite/reinstall the original nav data, in case your nav data is more recent than what came with the 777.  Not sure as haven't reinstalled.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Mike. I tried that and it still will not recognize any data. So I went to my PMDG 737 and it worked just fine. I am totally confused on this one. I understand that all the PMDG Aircraft use the same Nav Data in FSX  Folder  PMDG/Nav Data. What I don't understand is why all of a sudden the 777 FMC will recognize any airports. Even if I go to the airport and try to out in the Position it still will not work

V/r

Tom Denbrock

I tried that and it still will not recognize any data.

Hi, Tom,

It is very puzzling.  I'm assuming that somehow a change was introduced that affects the 777 FMC but not the others.

Do you have an Airac that is more recent than the one that came with the 777, such as one from Navigraph or Navdata Pro (Aerosoft)?  If so, what happens if you reinstall from those files?  This kind of reinstallation should eliminate any issues inadvertently introduced by adding VHHX, although a reinstall will leave a "VHHX.txt" file in SIDSTARS (you should move it out of that folder just to be on the safe side -- that file is untouched by a reinstall since the nav data doesn't have a sid/star file for vhhx).

When you reinstalled the 777 from scratch, did you delete all the nav data files?  If not, the installer might have left them alone, because often people install more recent nav data and they wouldn't want to overwrite that with the older nav data that came with the 777.  Also, as I said, it probably does not touch the vhhx.txt file in SIDSTARS.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

You must remove your existing navdata *sidstars" and "navdata" folders and do a re-install of the navdata to solve your problem.  Changes were made in the T7 that do much more comprehensive error checking than the older models.

DJ

Hi Everyone.. It is fixed.  What I did was reinstalled the VHHX files by Mikes instruction from the Web Site about Kia Tak installation. I guess when I deleted it I must of left some conflicting files in it, Now the 777 FMC is working. I  understand as why it worked on the other PMDG aircraft and not the 777 because DJ response as to the comprehensiveness of the 777. Anyway. all is well and I thank all of you for your help and inputs.

V/r

Tom Denbrock