Sign in to follow this  
JD-Slow-Thumbs

Default Current Location

I now have FSX and the Default “Current Location” is Friday Harbor. 

Was there a version of FS that had the Default Current Location in Hawaii ? 

What version was it? 

And is it near an FSX Airport so that I can re-create the scenario? 

Thanks in advance 

JD

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Hangar Chat" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

You can actually set any locatio to your default location, if that's what you're interested in. Just save a flight that you want to make your default flight. When you want to load the flight, there should be an option to "Make this the default flight". Ticking this will make whatever position you saved your default position. Make sure you don't use any "sophisticated" addon aircraft as your default plane, though, some of them don't like that at all.

For many years and many version, Meigs Field in Chicago was the default airport. It is now defunct in real life, but I'm sure there is a scenery in the AVSIM library for it.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

And is there an FSX airport that I can fly out of to replicate the scenery?

I don't know about the Flight Simulators previous to Flight Simulator 2002, . . . . . . but, FS2002 default start location was Meigs Field, Chicago ( as simmerhead mentions ). FS9 default start location is / was KSEA - Seattle Washington. Perhaps you are thinking of MS Flight, which was Hawaii based I believe.

In FS9 and FSX there many airports to choose from around Hawaii. PHNL - Honolulu Intl, PHKO - Kona Intl At Keahole, PHLI Lihue, PHOG Kahului. These are a few of the major airports in Hawaii and since they are depicted in FS9 I am sure they are also in FSX.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,