Sign in to follow this  
mbarcos

VoxATC & third party voices (AT&T)

Hi,

I bought Zabaware TTS reader with two AT&T voices, mike16 and crystal16.

Zabaware reader and Windows Ease of access work, but I can't use the voices on VoxATC (MS Anna and VoxPop work perfectly).

I can select them on the Voice Manager, but when clicking on Speak I hear "Voice required equals name equals mike16" or the same with "crystal16", depending on the selected voice.

Weird is that this is said using the correct voices (i.e. mike16 or crystal16). Same on VoxATC in FSX: instead of saying "Test" (or any other text if I continue), the correct voices only say "Voice required equals name equals mike16". Googling I found out this is a tag that is used on such software to select a voice. I thought I should setup kind of a voice TTS dialect on some config file, but couldn't find any...

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Miguel

"but I can't use the voices on VoxATC (MS Anna and VoxPop work perfectly)."

What happens in VOXatc?

Do you get an error message e.g.?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Vonmar, thank you for your reply. No, there is no error message and VoxATC works normally, apart the fact that mike16 and crystal16 always say the same thing: "voice required equals name equals mike16" or "crystal16". For example, I do radio check and get replied "voice required...". I ask request taxiing and get the same sentence said (only by mike16 and crystal16, all others reply normally if I select them as ATC). The taxi lights on and red lights before the runway work normally: blue lights after taxi request and weird answer, red lights before runway until ready for takeoff announcement and weird answer again. It's like talking with someone who perfectly understands what you say, does what you ask, but only knows one sentence...

Zabaware reader

.. do you have it running while in Flight Sim?

Best Regards,

BTW, I already uninstalled and reinstalled three times both VoxATC and Zabaware, no change.

Yes, I have it running usually. I just tried setting it off before starting FSX, same result. I hear VoxPop pilots speaking normally and mike16 repeating steadily the same sentence...

Have you tried their Support Forum ?

Best Regards,

Hi,

I bought Zabaware TTS reader with two AT&T voices, mike16 and crystal16.

Zabaware reader and Windows Ease of access work, but I can't use the voices on VoxATC (MS Anna and VoxPop work perfectly).

I can select them on the Voice Manager, but when clicking on Speak I hear "Voice required equals name equals mike16" or the same with "crystal16", depending on the selected voice.

Weird is that this is said using the correct voices (i.e. mike16 or crystal16). Same on VoxATC in FSX: instead of saying "Test" (or any other text if I continue), the correct voices only say "Voice required equals name equals mike16". Googling I found out this is a tag that is used on such software to select a voice. I thought I should setup kind of a voice TTS dialect on some config file, but couldn't find any...

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Miguel

Hi,

Just in case. Have you contacted Zabaware about this problem ? Not sure, but it is very possible that the problem does not the fact of VoxAtc (may be a license problem, I don't know). I have too the bundle mike16 and crystal16 bought directly from Nextup. I have no problem with them.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Edit : "Have you tried their Support Forum ?" good question Vaughan, I was late of 2' ;-)

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Thank you both, I opened a thread on Zabaware's forum. If a solution is found there, I will post it here as well (and vice-versa).

Just a thought, have you tried just installing only the voices on your system and not the TTS reader?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi wanabflyer, yes, I tried this but the result was the same.

Really strange is that the voice is ok, but not what is said => anyhow VoxATC recognizes and uses the voices, but cannot use them properly. Or VoxATC sends a command to whatever handles the voices and this whatever does not interpret VoxATC's command. I wish there was a log file somewhere to understand what is happening.

Hi, here is the follow-up:

I was very curious about DrumsArt's post saying that he has mike and crystal as well, working, but that he bought the voices from NextUp. I finally bought Mel from NextUp as well to try. It works! The difference between Zabaware and NextUp is that Zabaware distributes version 5.1 and NextUp version 1.4. For some reason VoxATC is not compatible with version 5.1 AT&T Natural Voices...

VoxATC version 6.49 came out on 12/4.  Don't know if it would help on this issue.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Are you guys paying for the Nextup Engine and voices or only voices? The Nextup package w/two voices is $100.