Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

Does the flight plan hgave to be loaded separately in both P3D and RC?

I have read the RC manual but didn't wee an answer. I know that RC runs along side P3D and uses FSUIPC to interface with P3D but does loading the flight plan into RC satisfy or replace the need to load it into P3D or do I need to load it separately into P3D as well?

I have a couple of other questions too such as, is there a way to get "progressive taxi" or a "follow me" going in radar contact?

I can't answer the first question since I don't have P3D but as far as progressive taxi or follow me goes, no RC4 doesn't include taxiways or tell you which way to go when taxiing to the runway or to the gate.  They expect you to get there on your own.  Using airport charts can help, but I don't use them.  I just pick the closet runway considering the wind direction before I depart the airport.  For the landing, I just taxi to the nearest gate.  Hope this helps somewhat.  

I'll be messing around with this for some time. It would be a shame to find that I spent my $$$ on something that does not fulfill my needs but that seems to be the name of the game with flight sims...buy it then try it...don't like it? oops!

I have sent exactly one support request to the developer and was PROMPTLY.... ignored ....but he was very good about making sure I got my activation key quickly. The good news is that my issue had been addressed in other threads here and I got things running.

RC and FS in some cases need different plans anyway due to approach specifics in some cases. It depends on the type of approach you require.

AFAIK all add-on ATC apps need their own flight plans. For what I do since I do not use any default GPS, etc., I do not load the FP into FS. I just create it for my nav equipment and RC.

The RC manual is available to anyone for perusal before purchasing on the jdtllc.com site.

FWIW for FSX and perhaps P3D there are separate progressive taxi applications.

I use charts and if no chart then then I use an overhead view for taxiing. I use ADE to print out a chart if I can't find one.

RC4 does I think give you a direct heading to parking if I recall but I might be confused with the RC5 beta (development halted.).

RC4 does I think give you a direct heading to parking if I recall but I might be confused with the RC5 beta (development halted.).

Acutally, I don't think it does.  When it says taxi to the ramp, it never has a heading at least what I see.

RC4 does give a direct heading from your current ground position, gate, ramp, etc. to the assigned runway, but that is as the crow flies, not how the taxiways lie.  After landing and exiting the runway contacting ground just gets the "Taxi to the ramp" reply and a menu choice of critique or leave.  Like AP1 says, I just head for the nearest available gate or ramp once off the runway.