Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

X-Plane 10 in Beautiful 4K [Warning: Large Images]

What sort of system have you got and what sort of average framerate are you getting? Did you notice a big benefit from 4K?

How can one tell a difference when viewing on a 2k monitor? I see no difference than my monitor but cool shots.

Nice

I have XPX running at 4K on my rig with SLI titans(SLI is no longer a benefit with the latest builds)

I use photoscenery so my Vram usage is obscene... but it's worth it.

Excellent shots!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

What sort of system have you got and what sort of average framerate are you getting? Did you notice a big benefit from 4K?

My system is relatively old apart from the GPU and TV...

i7 920 @ 4ghz

6GB RAM

ASUS Strixx GTX 970

Sony 55 inch X9005b 4K TV (as my main monitor)

I get an average of 30 fps running in 4K but that can go beyond 60 in rural areas and drop to 20 in urban areas. But for me thats fine for a flight simulator and that includes running addons. Heavy weather and clouds really causes problems though with my 970. However, I find this the same in 1080p. Note: I am running with HDR on.

Bizzarely, there is not much performance gain running in 1080p but visually 4K makes a huge difference. The level of detail you can see is staggering. Also, there is no real need to run aliasing as 4K is so detailed it makes anti-aliaising far less relevant as you have 4 times more pixels than 1080p.

I have bought recently a huge LG TV with 3D/4K. How do do you connect? Simply with HDMI cables, will that pop up on channel 1? I also want to try later 3D with Doom BFG, preferable on Ubuntu.

***Splendid***

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I have bought recently a huge LG TV with 3D/4K. How do do you connect? Simply with HDMI cables, will that pop up on channel 1? I also want to try later 3D with Doom BFG, preferable on Ubuntu.

I am connecting with HDMI. My TV and GTX 970 both support HDMI 2.0 so I can get above the previous HDMI threshold of 30fps.

For me I have multiple HDMI ports. I stuck mine in the first one for the PC.

I think I will get one of these 4k Monitors at 28" when Nvidia release the GTX 970 8GB edition later this month as I think the extra VRAM will be needed at that res! It will be good to turn off Anti Aliasing though! 

I think I will get one of these 4k Monitors at 28" when Nvidia release the GTX 970 8GB edition later this month as I think the extra VRAM will be needed at that res! It will be good to turn off Anti Aliasing though! 

While no doubt the extra VRAM will be nice, I am only hitting 3GB VRAM at 4K for some strange reason even with photo scenery. I don't know if it's the architecture of the 970 but it seems to be pretty efficient when it comes to VRAM usage.