Sign in to follow this  

Reading the topic below, it would seem there is trouble using Saitek controls with A2A aircraft so before purchasing this Skylane hearing of experiences with these products would be very helpful. I don't want to buy this aircraft if I can't use my Saitek Yoke,Quadrant and Pedals . I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Echofox

Hmm...  I use a Saitek yoke, pedals and quadrant (two of 'em actually) and they work quite well with the A2A 172 and 182.  I also use Saitek's multipanel, and radio panel and have them working reasonably well (though I still need to do some fine tuning on some of the AP functions).

I do use FSUIPC, though I believe there are many who control them directly.  A2A also provide an "input configurator" which can help with customization for non-FSUIPC folks.  For the multipanel and radio panel I do use SPAD rather than the Saitek drivers.  SPAD is pretty much required for the multipanel to be useful in any plane which uses anything beyond the standard FSX autopilot functions.

That's not to say that some users don't experience issues, as the A2A planes don't function like default FSX planes, but there are many of us out there using Saitek gear quite successfully.

Scott

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I'm using Saitek Yoke, X-52pro, Rudder, Trim wheel, 2 radio panels, Multi panel and switch panel and CH throttle and all work fine. You just need to find via which control platform you can set things up best. I'm using SPAD for my panels and a mix of P3D native control menu, FSUIPC and A2A cofigurator.

I'm not sure if everything works the same for every system, but here's how I did it for the C182.

Basic control axis' (elevator, ailerons, rudder, brakes): Standard FSUIPC assignments.

Throttle/Prop/Mixture: FSUIPC the single thottle/prop/mixture option (not the ones shown as Throttle1, etc. They dont always make the full range of the levers in VC)

Trimwheel: Either with A2A configurator, or with native FSX/P3D elevator trim axis control.

Radio panels: didnt have to do anything, work with SPAD in FSUIPC offset mode.

Multi panel: Flaps with keyboard emulation in SPAD set to F6 and F7, standard native controls. HDG, NAV, ALT, APR, REV with keyboard emulations in SPAD to A2A configurator. AP master with FSUIPC virtual button in SPAD, FSUIPC AP Master. Yoke AP Disconnect, directly from yoke to A2A configurator.

Switch panel: All work with FSUIPC offset, except for Battery and Alternator, which I set with keyboard emulations in SPAD and A2A configurator.

I havent heard anyone else about it, so maybe it depends on the system, but if it happens that controls dont work after core update 1.6, uninstall the C182 and reinstall it and dont run core update after.

Cheers!

Maarten

Re moving topic.  This is not a hardware query but a question about the A2A Cessna Skylane and it's usability.  Thank you Scott and Maarten for your help.

Echofox

Can you start the 182 without a mouse? I have everything working with the 172 but must use the mouse to turn the starter.

I also have problems with the starter from the Cherokee, but in the 182 it works from from the magneto switch from a Saitek panel.

Cheers!

Maarten

I gave up their 172 because of Saitek FIP issues and A2A said they were not planning to fix any of my issues.  I was able to get all of the other Saitek issues sorted but my cockpit has 12 FIP's, I just don't leave home without them.

Rick S.

I also have problems with the starter from the Cherokee, but in the 182 it works from from the magneto switch from a Saitek panel.

I have the starter mapped to a button/switch in those aircraft using FSUIPC4 and the applicable

Local Variable (L:Var)

For both the C182 and the P180  it is "L:Eng1_StarterSwitch"  Use 1 to start, 0 for starter off

In FSUIPC4 I have the switch send "1" while the switch is held and "0" when it is released.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Thats where I'm in trouble, the Saitek Switch Panel in my cockpit build always causes a CTD when moved to the Starter position, so I map to a button using FSX. Doesn't work with A2A though. I'll be buying FSUIPC soon and really hope it solves my problem!

Ah! I can start the A2A Trainer and Cherokee now! I used the Configurator to map the Magneto + to enable me to advance to 'Start'. With the Cherokee, the FSX Starter does not map to the A2A Starter button, butt the Configurator has a Starter option so I mapped it to one of my cockpit buttons. Presto! No mouse needed to start them. Bring on the 182!!!!!!

Why does Saitek put the AP disconnect button on the right side of the yoke?  Sheesh...are any of us flying right seat?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Which yoke? On the Cessna Pro yoke, there is a button on each side of the yoke horn...

I have AP disconnect on the left, A/T disconnect on the right...

A

Why does Saitek put the AP disconnect button on the right side of the yoke?  Sheesh...are any of us flying right seat?

I'm pretty sure that all and any buttons on the Saitek Yoke are assignable using FSX options/controls. I have the Cessna Pro Flite Yoke made by Saitek and every button or switch is easily assignable.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I'm pretty sure that all and any buttons on the Saitek Yoke is assignable using FSX options/controls. I have the Cessna Pro Flite Yoke made by Saitek and every button or switch is easily assignable.

Regards,
Ray

K...yeah, I'd suspect that.  Still, it seems like it's a right seat yoke and that's what's kept me from getting it.  On my old (very old) CH yoke I have the AP disconnect assigned to the bottom red button and TOGA (for the Mustang and some others) assigned to the top red button.  Seems natural.  What do you have those assigned to on the Saitek?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM