Sign in to follow this  

K...yeah, I'd suspect that.  Still, it seems like it's a right seat yoke and that's what's kept me from getting it.  On my old (very old) CH yoke I have the AP disconnect assigned to the bottom red button and TOGA (for the Mustang and some others) assigned to the top red button.  Seems natural.  What do you have those assigned to on the Saitek?

Are you thinking the AP disconnect switch is a certain or specific switch on the Yoke based on the shape of the button?

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

K...yeah, I'd suspect that. Still, it seems like it's a right seat yoke and that's what's kept me from getting it. On my old (very old) CH yoke I have the AP disconnect assigned to the bottom red button and TOGA (for the Mustang and some others) assigned to the top red button. Seems natural. What do you have those assigned to on the Saitek?

Gregg, as others have mentioned, buttons are completely assignable so you can do what you want.  Personally, I've never mapped AP disconnect to the yoke, as my AP console is mounted directly above the yoke mere inches from my left hand, but if you don't use the PTT button (on the back side of the left handle) you could use that I suppose.

Scott

Are you thinking the AP disconnect switch is a certain or specific switch on the Yoke based on the shape of the button?

Regards,

Ray

Might be wrong, but yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking.  I should say, of the low end priced yokes, the Saitek Cessna model looks like it's the best of the lot.  I just never understood that about them.  As I look for a yoke to replace my CH I'm always trying to figure out what button I'd assign to what.  I do like having AP disc and trim up/down on my left hand.  The only reason I put TOGA there is because it's not on my TQ and I didn't have much else that made sense for the button. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The button assignments are so easy and simple to work with, you can try different buttons until you find the one or the place that is just right.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I have the starter mapped to a button/switch in those aircraft using FSUIPC4 and the applicable

Local Variable (L:Var)

For both the C182 and the P180  it is "L:Eng1_StarterSwitch"  Use 1 to start, 0 for starter off

In FSUIPC4 I have the switch send "1" while the switch is held and "0" when it is released.

Paul

Where do you place this LVar and how im new to using LVars thanks...Dan...

A2A doesn't work with Saitek switch panel. Also IMHO are A2A products too realistic . Once I had a introduction lesson for a C172. I had much less problems with the real one (though I was fully

unexpirienced) than before with the A2A AccuSimCreation. That is why I don't fly with A2A's newest ones any more. After very much struggle I learned flying with the A2A P51 Mustang. Now I don't want to hate an aircraft in simulation anymore. Please don't misunderstand me : there is nothing wrong with the fine airplanes from A2A; it is purely personal. Therefore I fly with every RealAir simulation. They all work excellent with Saitek's Switch, Radio and Trim Modules. Yesterday I downloaded the Just Fly's Fokker F27 - and just guess : everything works. There is one exception : The START-knob doesn't work with turbines - there is another start-routine of course.

Cheers,

Ben

A2A doesn't work with Saitek switch panel

The A2A Skylane doesn't rely on default FSX functions so will not respond if they are called, which is what the Saitek driver will do when you flip the switches. However, if you know about the A2A's LVars and can find some other way to program the Saitek panel you can do it. One way is to use LINDA and the free A2A Skylane library, in which case it does work with the Saitek switch panel.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your very useful comment; I will get in contact with almostaviation.

Ben