Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Bought the A2A....what a plane!

Although it costs $50...I have to admit that I'm really enjoying the A2A Simulations Skylane 182.  It's beautifully rendered, has superb sound, and handles like a dream.  Both exterior and interior surfaces have realistic details, and I love looking out over the VC at the hood of the plane..Just under that hood is a Lycoming engine (made in Williamsport, Pa...I might add), and the power is so very welcome in a plane like this.  The turning of the 3 prop propeller really sounds excellent from both inside and expecially outside.

If you get a chance you need to view the video on the A2A site of a pilot flying the real 182, and he explains how the real plane and the A2A version share so many similarities.

Can't wait to fire her up again....I'm going to do that now!

Stan

Hey Stan -

I've spent more hours than I can count in RL pre-flighting a 172. Can I just jump into the 182 and fly? I have no desire for the "real world" check list. Been there and done that.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Stan,

Every now and then, we get a plane that is a classic from day one.  This is one of them.   I fly mine in P3d 2.4 with the GTN750.  You may not need it all of the time.  Check out Rob's video.

Ed Farley

Doug,

You can hop in and fly as long as you set the trim properly and know where you are going.

Ed

Great advice on the "trim" adjustment. Extremely important on this plane. Elevator is very heavy on the real 182 ( as the A2A video shows) and this seems to be simulated in the A2A version. Trimming this plane through all phases of flight is a must, and makes it very enjoyable to fly.

Stan

Part of the fun of these aircraft is the way they wear and tear, but if you elect not to simulate this then you can simply turn damage off and just fly.

I bought the Cherokee and I must say it brought back memories of getting my PPL but I wish they would make something a bit more complex like a nice twin like a Cessna 421!! I'd love to see how A2A would model the rather finicky engines of that plane! We need more high quality cabin class twins as of now we only have the Carenado C340 and the real air Duke V2, Though the flysimware Cessna 441 is looking rather nice and has a lot of the systems modeled but its a turbo prop and we have plenty of those.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I wish they would make something a bit more complex like a nice twin like a Cessna 421!

Sounds like a great idea. The twin sector is missing the Accusim details so far.

I am really disappointed with the A2A C182..... I bought it, went down to my local FBO and they said I did not have a reservation for the plane, I showed them my A2A purchase and still nope..... :P

On a separate note I have petitioned for A2A to make a Accu-Sim Cessna 402C, for us "Wings" guys.....

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Note. In that video, it's the turbo charged 182. The A2A is the normally aspirated one. Nevertheless, nice video showing what such a plane can do.

A C402 or similar is what A2A should do next. These airplanes are pretty, like the 182 and 180, but too slow for me.

Agreed I bought the Cherokee for sentimental reasons but I still find my prodding it to go faster just like I did in the real thing.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Agreed I bought the Cherokee for sentimental reasons but I still find my prodding it to go faster just like I did in the real thing.

A C402 or similar is what A2A should do next. These airplanes are pretty, like the 182 and 180, but too slow for me.

A post 1980s 421C (trailing link gear) would be my dream come true.