Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Palm Springs Tour - The Desert Oasis

Nick has asked me to advance the Palm Springs Tour by one week, he will take us back to Iceland after we've had a chance to warm up in California. 

This tour starts and finishes at Palm Springs KPSP and features Jarrad Marshall’s dramatically scenic rendition of this desert oasis.  

Palm%2BSprings%2BTour.jpg

Departing from Palm Springs International we head 7nm (HDG 305) then turn west (HDG 259) for a full stop landing at Banning Municipal Airport KBNG.  From Banning we will depart to the east (12nm) making for waypoint WHETO before turning north (HDG 315) for the climb over the high mountains of the San Gorgonio Wilderness on our way to Big Bear City Airport L35.  The field elevation of Bear City is 6752 so density altitude will affect aircraft performance here.  Leaving Big Bear the route continues to the east 24nm for a full stop landing at Yucca Valley L22.  Departing Yucca Valley (HDG 194) for 41 miles and land at Lake Riverside Estates 54CL.  This segment of the route features  dramatic views of the San Jacinto Wilderness,  Desert Hot Springs, Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Palm Desert, and the Coachella Valley.  From Lake Riverside Estates  54CL proceed 45 nm (HDG 098) to Salton Sea KSAS.  From KSAS the route crosses  the Salton Sea  (HDG 002) for 15nm  to Desert Sky Ranch 63CA.   Departing Desert Sky Ranch (HDG 296) for 26nm and the penultimate landing at Bermuda Dunes KUDD.    Departing Bermuda Dunes KUDD fly (HDG 299) for 11nm to VOR PSP or just follow the Interstate highway and railroad tracks.  Keep an eye out for the Union Pacific freight train which is depicted in the Orbx scenery.   Take a few moments for free flight around Palm Springs to see the sights and complete the tour, landing at Palm Springs International KPSP.

Recommended Aircraft:  A2A Cessna 182 Skylane or favorate aircraft with 130knt cruise.

Recommended Scenery:  Orbx KPSP

Skyvector Flightplan

FSX Flight Plan (Dropbox)

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Join the dots pro stylee! Brilliant, it's good to see a genius at work. :BigGrin:

Oh no! Not that boring old 182 again? :Applause:

Is it just me, or does anyone else get an inordinate amount of satisfaction when you get the engine started? I utter a gentle 'Yesss' when it splutters into life.  :smile: 

Which leads me to the question of would you trust your life to something that is so reticent about starting work in the morning? :Praying:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I'm sorry I had to drop out this week but I'm on duty looking after CD Jr while my wife is out (I'm going to try to persuade him to watch Disney "Planes" with me).  I might be able to drop in towards the end of the session after he goes to bed though.

Back to Iceland next week before the weather (and light) go really downhill.....