This thing had always been on something else,
Something terrible,
Something with unaesthetic lines,
Something with ugly cockpit colors.

The thing deserved better.

The thing deserved a Bus.

^_^

DjIlRUh.png

Say it isn't so!  First Dallas' hometown airline (AA) gets retched buses in its fleet...now SWA?  The humanity!  :LMAO:

Get looking paint Det! (from what I can see)...I can't see SWA ever flying anything but the 737, but the new livery looks sharp...either on a Boeing or a Bus.

I'm really enjoying the Bus since I took the time to finally learn to fly her.  Aerosoft did a great job on her...and with all the great painters already painting just about every livery out there, I don't have to paint what I want to fly.  :BigGrin:  

Speaking of that....I have not seen a Spirit A320 in their old silver color.  She's a staple at DFW, and I've flown on her several times in real life...any chance you could throw some paint at an Aerosoft A320 in those colors?  :wink:   Even a 319 which I see (and flown) from time to time.  I've never seen the A321 here, and I think that has already been painted.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

This (Southwest Bus) was actually a running joke at SimHQ. We were talking about what airlines have acquired or inherited which airframes. Discussing the likes of how American now has the largest Airbus fleet in the world, and someone brought up Southwest. I decided to take it on, just to do it for one of the members there.

I'm not much of a fan of Southwest, but I do like their new livery/rebranding route they've gone down. Personally, for me, its far more pleasing to the eye than the previous livery they had had forever.

Spirit! Buh... One of the worst airlines out there. Well, maybe Ryanair, I don't know, hmm. As for that livery, could you post a picture which one you're referencing?

This one?

fH0Uk1L.png

This (Southwest Bus) was actually a running joke at SimHQ. We were talking about what airlines have acquired or inherited which airframes. Discussing the likes of how American now has the largest Airbus fleet in the world, and someone brought up Southwest. I decided to take it on, just to do it for one of the members there.

I'm not much of a fan of Southwest, but I do like their new livery/rebranding route they've gone down. Personally, for me, its far more pleasing to the eye than the previous livery they had had forever.

Spirit! Buh... One of the worst airlines out there. Well, maybe Ryanair, I don't know, hmm. As for that livery, could you post a picture which one you're referencing?

This one?

fH0Uk1L.png

Hey Det I hear ya!  

I was talking years ago to a Delta pilot friend who said (before they merged with NWA), that they were trying to get to an all Boeing fleet someday. (Eventually dumping all their MDs).  Guess that plan went to pot when the merge happened.  :Just Kidding:

I don't mind SWA, but never cared for there last 2 liveries...this new one looks much better I think.

I totally agree with you about Spirit...I loved to bad-mouth them, and until recently, my experience flying them was abysmal with their on-time performance (Out of 10 flights I had with them last year, 9 were delayed at least 2 hours or more), and I have friends who've flown them with the same experiences.

They have been a little better recently, and the fact Delta and AA refuse to compete with them in the DFW market makes them appealing despite their service record...example:

Just recently did a round trip with them to Atlanta, $150 (with a bag and seat), both flights on time.  Delta and AA wanted almost $600 for coach....ridiculous!

When I was flying Airtran twice a week KDFW-KATL, flights were rarely over $200, and Delta and AA were forced to compete with them, keeping the prices in check.  AA and Delta pretty much ignore Spirit, and have their own, twisted view on airfare...and compete against each other in that market.  

Once Airtran got absorbed into SWA and did not fly out of DFW, no more real competition for AA and Delta.  Sucked for me, as I had elite status on Airtran and didn't even know what economy class looked like except when I had to walk back there if the forward lav was in use.  :LMAO:

Miss flying business class, but refuse to pay $600 coach for the same flight I paid $200 business class years ago.

Anyway...Dallas market totally screwed now that Airtran left...I'll let Delta and AA charge insane prices, and take my chances on Spirit. :)

Oh, and yes, that is the livery I was referring to.  The Silver fuse with black checkers.  They fly the 320 out of here a lot, I've been on it and the the current white livery several times.

I would paint her myself, but I don't have the energy to take on a new plane right now...the 777 sapped me a bit, and I'm not the painting machine I used to be years ago! LoL

Thanks in advance if you decide to put your disdain for Spirit aside and paint her anyway.  :good:  I promise when I fly her, I'll make sure she departs on time.  :crazy:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I saw something yesterday,

Something strange,

Something odd,

Something I had never seen before.

This thing had always been on something else,

Something terrible,

Something with unaesthetic lines,

Something with ugly cockpit colors.

The thing deserved better.

The thing deserved a Bus.

^_^

DjIlRUh.png

Beautiful!!!  What a coincidence.  I was just doing this paint myself and went on a few test flights with mine today.  Still work to do with mine though.  Are you going to make this available for download?  If so, when?

I love SWA but haven't flown their colors in FS since the Airbuses came out.  And, now that I switched over to P3D, I can't legally fly a good 737 either even if I wanted to.  As a past employee of SWA, I must say that it is still hard to get used to flying around in their colors in an Airbus.  It's sacrilegious.  Isn't it?   :lol:   But, I love the bus now too and miss flying SWA's routes so, it must be done.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Hey Det I hear ya!  

I was talking years ago to a Delta pilot friend who said (before they merged with NWA), that they were trying to get to an all Boeing fleet someday. (Eventually dumping all their MDs).  Guess that plan went to pot when the merge happened.  :Just Kidding:

I don't mind SWA, but never cared for there last 2 liveries...this new one looks much better I think.

I totally agree with you about Spirit...I loved to bad-mouth them, and until recently, my experience flying them was abysmal with their on-time performance (Out of 10 flights I had with them last year, 9 were delayed at least 2 hours or more), and I have friends who've flown them with the same experiences.

They have been a little better recently, and the fact Delta and AA refuse to compete with them in the DFW market makes them appealing despite their service record...example:

Just recently did a round trip with them to Atlanta, $150 (with a bag and seat), both flights on time.  Delta and AA wanted almost $600 for coach....ridiculous!

When I was flying Airtran twice a week KDFW-KATL, flights were rarely over $200, and Delta and AA were forced to compete with them, keeping the prices in check.  AA and Delta pretty much ignore Spirit, and have their own, twisted view on airfare...and compete against each other in that market.  

Once Airtran got absorbed into SWA and did not fly out of DFW, no more real competition for AA and Delta.  Sucked for me, as I had elite status on Airtran and didn't even know what economy class looked like except when I had to walk back there if the forward lav was in use.  :LMAO:

Miss flying business class, but refuse to pay $600 coach for the same flight I paid $200 business class years ago.

Anyway...Dallas market totally screwed now that Airtran left...I'll let Delta and AA charge insane prices, and take my chances on Spirit. :)

Oh, and yes, that is the livery I was referring to.  The Silver fuse with black checkers.  They fly the 320 out of here a lot, I've been on it and the the current white livery several times.

I would paint her myself, but I don't have the energy to take on a new plane right now...the 777 sapped me a bit, and I'm not the painting machine I used to be years ago! LoL

Thanks in advance if you decide to put your disdain for Spirit aside and paint her anyway.  :good:  I promise when I fly her, I'll make sure she departs on time.  :crazy:

I typically stick with only American when I fly. Call it brand loyality, but I prefer them for some reason.

If you want that livery, then head over to the Aerosoft forums and shoot a really talented painter (John Glanville) a PM. It's his livery, and I'm certain he'll gladly give you a link to DL it.

Beautiful!!!  What a coincidence.  I was just doing this paint myself and went on a few test flights with mine today.  Still work to do with mine though.  Are you going to make this available for download?  If so, when?

I love SWA but haven't flown their colors in FS since the Airbuses came out.  And, now that I switched over to P3D, I can't legally fly a good 737 either even if I wanted to.  As a past employee of SWA, I must say that it is still hard to get used to flying around in their colors in an Airbus.  It's sacrilegious.  Isn't it?   :lol:   But, I love the bus now too and miss flying SWA's routes so, it must be done.

I haven't really gone any furthur with it as of yet. I still need to add reflections, do the airframe markings and paint the Sharkelts (which I'm not looking forward to), add gradients and increase the vibrancy of the colors. I've been procrastinating lately since the Last Stand DLC for BF4 came out. I really should finish it along with my BMI paint that's been sitting unedited for almost a month.

What has really put a damper on completing it are the turbine housings. I can't seem to find the new Southwest.com logo in the new font or the new font itself that they're using.

BN2svGY.png

What has really put a damper on completing it are the turbine housings. I can't seem to find the new Southwest.com logo in the new font or the new font itself that they're using.

Hey Det,

I found a pretty good version of it (not a vector or font, but usable) here:

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_identity_and_livery_for_southwest_airlines_by_lippincott.php

Here is what it looks like on the nacelle (I think...havent put it on the model yet...just playing with the idea of getting it on the texture map for now)

SWA-engine.jpg

I would probably take the ® off, but I think it looks ok.  Since I havent painted the Airbus, I don't know if the placement and sizing it right, but we know that just comes with trial and error, hehe.

I've had a lot of experience making non-fonts work on paints...the UPS 777 I did took a while to get the text to look right without a type-on font available. 

I'll check out Mr. Glanville's Spirit livery, thanks!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I actually ended up making my own. Thanks for the link though! Might change it out after doing some side-by-sides.

I actually ended up making my own. Thanks for the link though! Might change it out after doing some side-by-sides.

No problem...Fonts are really hard to find sometimes.

Here I am taking your excellent TAP 319 from Lisbon to Palma.  :smile:

49e36a94-e066-4067-a52f-8f72b38719a7.png

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

No problem...Fonts are really hard to find sometimes.

Here I am taking your excellent TAP 319 from Lisbon to Palma.  :smile:

49e36a94-e066-4067-a52f-8f72b38719a7.png

Ended up going with the Southwest you provided. My 'M' in .com wasn't cutting it. So thanks for that.

Even though that TAP paint was a request, I opened up a can of worms with that livery.

Speaking of liveries, do you happen to own the CS 777?

Ended up going with the Southwest you provided. My 'M' in .com wasn't cutting it. So thanks for that.

Even though that TAP paint was a request, I opened up a can of worms with that livery.

Speaking of liveries, do you happen to own the CS 777?

Glad I could help a fellow painter.  :wink:

I know what you mean with opening cans of worms with certain liveries...sometimes folks who don't paint can't grasp the concept of freeware painting, and somehow think that when you give them a paint, you are required by law to make sure every rivet is in place, every logo is with a millimeter of where it should be on the aircraft, and will argue with you about it until they feel they've made sure you know they are the expert on that livery, and you're just the painter, fulfilling their request. :Thinking:   I'm like any other painter who likes to get it right and can accept adjustments to a paint I've goofed on pretty bad, but I usually invite them to grab a brush if they feel the logo is 2mm to the right of where it's supposed to be and there are 248 rivets around the window, not 245!  (hehe...sorry...forgot to turn on the /rant....ok..../rant-off)  :lol:

I don't own the CS 777...just the PMDG one (very easy to paint, done several liveries on her already)

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Glad I could help a fellow painter.  :wink:

I know what you mean with opening cans of worms with certain liveries...sometimes folks who don't paint can't grasp the concept of freeware painting, and somehow think that when you give them a paint, you are required by law to make sure every rivet is in place, every logo is with a millimeter of where it should be on the aircraft, and will argue with you about it until they feel they've made sure you know they are the expert on that livery, and you're just the painter, fulfilling their request. :Thinking:   I'm like any other painter who likes to get it right and can accept adjustments to a paint I've goofed on pretty bad, but I usually invite them to grab a brush if they feel the logo is 2mm to the right of where it's supposed to be and there are 248 rivets around the window, not 245!  (hehe...sorry...forgot to turn on the /rant....ok..../rant-off)  :lol:

I don't own the CS 777...just the PMDG one (very easy to paint, done several liveries on her already)

It's not that they haven't been appreciative, its just that I'm getting rerquests for the enitire TAP fleet now. Personally, I've never understood the need for differing and numerous registrations of the same livery on the same airframe. I just don't get it. As for the paint-kits for the Aerosoft Buses, they're not typically exact in reference to the model. A lot of things are off or are thrown off by the low-poly model of the fuselage. Not much you can do about it.

I was kinda hoping you had the CS T7. I've been wanting a KLM Biofuel paint for awhile now.

hDQDwkN.png

Did try to warn you DetCord , before you got started . Yet another ficticious Bus leaving the paintshop !

Some of the paint " requests " made for the Bus are just made so that the " customers " can keep the painters busy but they still can't grasp the fact that a painter paints because he wants to , not because he has to .

Also the fact that most only want paints from one person as obviously DetCord and myself can't paint an Airbus to save our lives , although the first American A320 paint did score more than 2000 downloads in one week when it was uploaded .

John Glanville

Did try to warn you DetCord , before you got started . Yet another ficticious Bus leaving the paintshop !

Some of the paint " requests " made for the Bus are just made so that the " customers " can keep the painters busy but they still can't grasp the fact that a painter paints because he wants to , not because he has to .

Also the fact that most only want paints from one person as obviously DetCord and myself can't paint an Airbus to save our lives , although the first American A320 paint did score more than 2000 downloads in one week when it was uploaded .

John Glanville

Yeah mate, but this isn't likely to get uploaded. Just to the one guy at SimHQ that wanted it. And yeah, we don't get a lot of love. But hey, I paint for myself more so than anyone else. Just like you.

@ Steve

Here's a chance to ask the man himself for the livery!