Sign in to follow this  
DetCord

The Thing

Yeah mate, but this isn't likely to get uploaded. Just to the one guy at SimHQ that wanted it. And yeah, we don't get a lot of love. But hey, I paint for myself more so than anyone else. Just like you.

That was my intent when I got back into painting with the fictitious 777 freighters I've been painting.  Did the Alitalia for myself, but figured I'd upload anyway just in case someone wanted her.  Then I did the Titan for one crazy guy (you know who you are) who liked to fly freighters, then proceeded to paint 6 more before I knew it.  :lol:

The last one (FedEx) was the only real freighter out of the bunch, and I did her for the CEO of FedEx virtual and their last big VATSIM event. 

​Simmers are a odd bunch when it comes to giving love...I've gotten a lot of complements on birds I painted that I didn't particularly care for, then nothing on ones I thought were awesome. I think its easier for them to comment when something is wrong with the paint (or download) than to take the time to thank a painter for an awesome paint (I'd like to think they are too busy flying the paint to comment on her, hehe).

Of course the best way to thank a painter is to post screens of themselves flying the painter's work on the forums...which a few of the simmers I've painted for are considerate enough to have done.

Anyway....Thanks for your TAP and AA paints....I've flown them both and of course posted a pic of the TAP here.  :wink:   I flew your AA at night last time, but will take a day flight with her when I get back to the states and post some shots of her in this forum.(In Tunisia at the moment in FSX) 

@ Steve

Here's a chance to ask the man himself for the livery!

Thanks Det...

Hey John, I was wondering if you can send me your Spirit A319 old colors?  And a 320 if you've painted one...read the posts above for details.  :wink:

Thanks!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I will send you a PM with a DropBox link shortly . Made a few " improvements " since the copy I sent to DetCord as well , although quite a bit of " painters license " was needed to make everything fit .

Due to FSX " troubles " , am having to re-install everything , including the Service Packs for the A318 / 319 and A320 / 321 .

I've been painting these Busses since the AirbusX beta ( 2010 ) and along with JanKees Blom painted quite a few from around the world . Never did the A320 / 321 Spirit though but one was made by FSXAddict ( that was his nickname on the Aerosoft forum ) who was another of the original Beta painters . Due to comments made by some " armchair " painter about the quality of his work , he never uploaded it . Surprising isn't it ?

I had the same with Air Jamaica as I was told " it needed some work " , maybe he was correct but the poster never told me what the work needed was so I never uploaded them to Aerosoft but are to be found here on AVSIM ( both A320 and A321 ) . Of course comments made by these experts are negated by the amount of repaints that they have made and can be found in the library . They also have absolutely no idea how much time is involved in cranking out their favourite airline as it is expected to be ready directly after " requesting " it .

John

I will send you a PM with a DropBox link shortly . Made a few " improvements " since the copy I sent to DetCord as well , although quite a bit of " painters license " was needed to make everything fit .

Due to FSX " troubles " , am having to re-install everything , including the Service Packs for the A318 / 319 and A320 / 321 .

I've been painting these Busses since the AirbusX beta ( 2010 ) and along with JanKees Blom painted quite a few from around the world . Never did the A320 / 321 Spirit though but one was made by FSXAddict ( that was his nickname on the Aerosoft forum ) who was another of the original Beta painters . Due to comments made by some " armchair " painter about the quality of his work , he never uploaded it . Surprising isn't it ?

I had the same with Air Jamaica as I was told " it needed some work " , maybe he was correct but the poster never told me what the work needed was so I never uploaded them to Aerosoft but are to be found here on AVSIM ( both A320 and A321 ) . Of course comments made by these experts are negated by the amount of repaints that they have made and can be found in the library . They also have absolutely no idea how much time is involved in cranking out their favourite airline as it is expected to be ready directly after " requesting " it .

John

Thanks John!

Sorry to hear about your FSX issues, hope you get them worked out and up and flying again soon!

Yeah, I know what you mean about the comments you can get sometimes. I posted this back when I was painting the FDX 777 describing what lengths us painters go through to get a paint just right:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446264-what-can-brownwaitwhen-it-positively-has-to-be-there-overnight/

I'll check out your Air J and take her for a flight from KATL to her home base when I get back on that side of the world.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Okay, so I think I have it where I want it. Still needs adjustments and additions here and there.

Anyone interested in a test flight?

BTdkLyV.png

Okay, so I think I have it where I want it. Still needs adjustments and additions here and there.

Anyone interested in a test flight?

BTdkLyV.png

I'll take her for a spin.  Since I live a few miles from her home town Love Field....I'll take her on a KDAL>KLAS run (one of my favorites...well..KDFW when I'm flying other liveries)  :lol:

I just landed in Istanbul...can use the magic of flightsim to "warp" over to the states while I'm planning my next destination on my Airbus European tour.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'll get it out to you sometime tomorrow. Made a few more adjustments. Gotta hit the rack though.

Inex6UD.png

I'll get it out to you sometime tomorrow. Made a few more adjustments. Gotta hit the rack though.

Thanks Det!

No worries, I've actually pulled out the iFly 737 and been reacquainting myself with her.  Variety, Lol!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

It's always good to see one of your repaints being posted by someone else !!

Glad you like it , maybe I'll have a go at the A320 followed by the A321 . If I remember correctly there was a blue squares version as well .

John

It's always good to see one of your repaints being posted by someone else !!
Glad you like it , maybe I'll have a go at the A320 followed by the A321 . If I remember correctly there was a blue squares version as well .

John

No doubt...thanks for the paint...I always try to showcase paints from other painters that I really enjoy.  I've flown on these Spirit birds several times, and it's always cool to recreate real flights you've taken before.

I just put her safely down in Tampa (and on time, hehe).  I'll post those pics in a few plus Det's SWA which I plan on taking back to DFW (well...Love field to be exact).

I'd really like to have a 320, as they fly all the time out of DFW.  An observation from someone who's been up close and personal with them on many occasions:  The silver in the fuse seems to be a just a tad darker when viewed in real life  :wink:

I've never seen the blue squared one in real life, but looks interesting.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg