Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

Whats entertaining you until the PMDG releases?

Hi folks

I myself am looking forward to the P3D release of the 777, but all in good time. No doubt I will also get the 744 when its released (i can kid myself that I wont need it alongside the 777, but lets be realistic here..... :P )

Anyway, i thought a nice way to break the angst amongst the impatient people might be to concentrate on what we will be doing with our sims until the day of release. Now is ther perfect time to learn something new about our simming - glass half full and all that!

Personally, I have bought the C182 from A2A and am very much enjoying learning variable pitch prop flying. Once Ultimate Terrain X is out for P3D (any day now), I will probably plan and embark on a cross-USA flight, learning more about the C182 as I go. I was going to take the Cherokee but the C182's superor speed and higher workload may just swing it for me.....

What about you guys and gals? Got any little projects on the go?

Cheers,

Rob

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

I just bought the A2A C182 Skylane as well. So far I'm really enjoying it. I'm planning to fly the perimeter of the United States instead of just straight across the country.

Dave

Dave Paige

I'm planning to fly the perimeter of the United States instead of just straight across the country.

Good idea - using sectionals? Do you have a planner? Im using the downloadable FAA sectionals for mine. They work quite well.

Rob Bates

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Uhm, I still enjoy the heck out of the NGX and the 777. I also got the 182 and really like it a lot more than the 172 or the Cherokee since it has more horsepower and a better overall performance. 

I also got the 182 and really like it a lot more than the 172 or the Cherokee since it has more horsepower and a better overall performance. 

Uhm...be nice to my 172! It's not fast, but it'll take you some cool places...  :P

IMAG0021.jpg

(I actually used the A2A paintkit to put this exact plane into the sim :Nerd: )

Kyle Rodgers

No offense to the 172, I had my first real stick time in one but in FSX GA on its own is quite boring compared to some faster stuff like the P-51 with all the IFR equipment or a 777. :D

Can't say I'm a big fan of the Skylane... The Cherokee, though! I don't know why, but I just like it that much better!

Still not bored of the 777, though.

I have finished optimizing my system to run at 5ghz and I have found that the Captain Sim 727 seems to handle very nicely in P3D V2.4. All the gauges seem to work.

Right now I am just getting setup to fly her from KIAD (FlightBeam) To KJFK (FSDreamTeam) :BigGrin:

The A2A Cherrytree is great, more fun than the 172. I'm not sure that I need a third piston single, unless they make a Beagle Pup which I would buy in an instant.

However I'm not impatiently waiting for anything from PMDG. The 747v2 will be great but I still enjoy flying the existing 747X. The 777 is still my PMDG sim of choice.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The 777 is still my PMDG sim of choice.

I too love that plane. Since making the jump to P3D, I have not reinstalled FSX and am avoiding the urge to do so. Hence my procrastinating with the C182!

Rob Bates

I too love that plane. Since making the jump to P3D, I have not reinstalled FSX and am avoiding the urge to do so. Hence my procrastinating with the C182!

Why not reinstall it? I still have FS9 installed for a few planes that I can't use in FSX. The PSS 757 for example. At worst you lose some disk space. I don't see the sense in denying yourself the 777 unnecessarily.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The 777... I still get excited to fly it, every time!  ^_^

Took a two month break as I got too busy but back at it at least once or twice a week now. I loooooooooooooooooooove it just as much as when I got the first beta. Still can't see myself flying anything else.

I enjoy the  PMDG 777 (all models) and the new buses from Aerosoft.

Best.

Miquel Egea.