Sign in to follow this  
Letti

Low fps

Hallo guys!

I got some issues with my PMDG airctafts (777, 737)

When I Start a flight in the virtual cockpit, the fps at about 35! After One (!!!) minute its falling down under 10...

I have startet two tickets at the PMDG support but no one is able to help me :(

HELP!!!!

I have startet two tickets at the PMDG support but no one is able to help me

Starting multiple tickets isn't going to get you more or faster support. Check to ensure the ticket went through by logging in and checking your ticket history.

Kyle Rodgers

Post system specs i'll see what i can do for you!

the First Ticket was in february 2014 and the last One in August 2014... :( :(

You have every write to submit tickets. Those guys do a great job! I had one recently trying to help me with voxatc as that addon caused textures to be missing on my ngx.

Vernon Howells

They're doing really a great job!!!

I was "talking" with Ryan abaout a month... He tried everything to help me... But no success unfortunately :( :( It's not his blame and it was not an offense to the Support... (sorry, bad english)

So I thought I start here a topic... maybe someone here has had the Same Problem and sloved it...

I had a similar issue when I used to fly using my laptop. My CPU was overheating, and so it would throttle itself to a very low clock speed. Check to make sure that your CPU is running at its normal frequency after loading the 777X or NGX. Clean your vents free of dust etc. Might help.

I used to have a similar issue when I used to fly using my laptop. My issue was my CPU was overheating, and so it would throttle itself to a very low clock speed, often below 1.0 Ghz. Check to make sure that your CPU is running at it's normal frequency after loading the 777X or NGX. Clean your vents free of dust etc. Might help.

Were i can check the clock rate?

maybe a better cpu-coolingfan?

You need to post system specs. What addons you are running etc.

CPU: AMD 6300FX

RAM 2x4GB

Graphics: Geforce GTX 570

Addons: PMDG 737 & 777, Active Sky Next (via simconnect), PlanG (via simconnect), REX Essentials + OD, VAinterface for Virtual CDU

No Scenery Addon

If you open the task manager (Ctl Alt Delete) and go to the Performance tab, it should show a graph of all of your processor cores. If it's down quite low while using FSX, you have a problem. You should also check the temperature of your computer components using something like HWMonitor CPUID to be sure. 

Your specs are decent enough, you should be getting slightly better frames than that at the very least. I'm not very familiar with AMD processors but I do know they are not as effective as Intel processors when it comes to FSX. Make sure you've configured REX such that you're not using the max size HD textures, because those bog down any system, regardless of specs. 

If you open the task manager (Ctl Alt Delete) and go to the Performance tab, it should show a graph of all of your processor cores. If it's down quite low while using FSX, you have a problem. You should also check the temperature of your computer components using something like HWMonitor CPUID to be sure. 

Your specs are decent enough, you should be getting slightly better frames than that at the very least. I'm not very familiar with AMD processors but I do know they are not as effective as Intel processors when it comes to FSX. Make sure you've configured REX such that you're not using the max size HD textures, because those bog down any system, regardless of specs. 

Thank you man!

I'll try it and let you know

:) :) :)

Post your fsx.cfg

Also have you checked out simforums NickN has a good few guides

What about traffic addons?

CPU is king of fsx without it your system is useless

Also I would go through the following document to properly setup FSX...

http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html

One other thing, i would change over to intel if you really are keen on learning to fly.

AMD is good on its own fields, just not for FSX.

I don't want to bash your gaming pc; But with all due respect, your machine is not optimal for FSX and with those high end addons. Can't fault your GPU though!

Vernon Howells

Ill post it when Im at home

no traffic adddons and set the lowest default traffic

yes, I know its the best configuration for FSX...

I used to see frame rates between 10-30 as normal. I had a Core 2 Q9650 Quad running at 3 GHz.  Even with overclocking, I couldn't get the frame rates that others mentioned on line. As long as the motion was fluid and I had few stutters I learned to live with it because of my budget.

My recent rebuild to an i7-4790K Quad 4 GHz made an amazing difference. I expected an improvement from 3 to 4 GHz but the difference was a lot more than an improvement. Holy smokes.

My advice is to learn to live with 10 fps as long as it's fluid and you have few stutters. Budget permitting, you can always build a faster machine when able.... yes, definitely build your own and save at least 66%.

Dan Downs KCRP