Sign in to follow this  
yafatana

which is better fsx or p3d 2.4 ?

*Sets up lawn chair and goes to kitchen to make popcorn* :P

Cheers!

Maarten

*Sets up lawn chair and goes to kitchen to make popcorn* :P

I was once in this very place. FSX or Prepar3d well the answer is X plane of course.

Your best bet would be Prepar3d, for future proofing and all that. Hope you have big pockets.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Prepar3D is an ongoing work in progress. Ive been using v2.4 since its release and am generaly happy with it. The shadow and effects detail are amazing, HOWEVER, I keep gong back to FSX because of the addons I have that are not yet availbe for P3D and I have tweaked it to get a realistic flight simulator. In answer to your question, I think its too early to tell but I believe P3D will eventualy take over as improvements and addons become more availabe.

Between those 2, FSX, with the other option mentioned here not even a close 3rd.

Between those 2, FSX, with the other option mentioned here not even a close 3rd.

Ooooooo that was below the socks

Lol

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

P3D for the shadows and lightning effects, Q400 is the only plane i fly in P3D, but my 737 and 777 are still in FSX hangar :) i do agree that P3D will take over FSX, and for it i need a new PC, cause it brings my ASUS ROG to it's ankles :D but generally speaking I'm happy with both, performance ok, no ooms :)

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I've got FSX running with DX10 and Steve's DX10 Fixer.  It's smooth, has cockpit shadows with most planes, has great water effects, and I have many addons, some of which don't work with P3D.  FSX is now extremely stable, with computer crashes being very rare events (unfortunately, crashes of the flying kind are more frequent). 

So I have no incentive to switch to P3D.  If I were starting out fresh, I'm not sure what I'd do.

For GA VFR P3D V2 is far superior already.

For Airliners FSX for now but that will change.

Once PMDG release the 777 for P3D V2

I can see alot of simmers jumping ship

The rest will jump ship when the NGX is available.

Between the two; FSX for an entertainment simulator and P3D V2 if you require an ESP based simulator.

Other alternatives; X-Plane10 if you hate all things Microsoft and FlightGear if you hate all things payware.