Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

Do'nt see the weather

I currently use ASN for weather and Opus for camera and dynamic DHM. It would be better on performance to just use Opus but when I load the WX with Opus I get the local WX reports but do not see the weather. I can be at an airport reporting IMC but I see clear skies. I am using AS2012 graphics. Also will the PMDG T7 WX radar work without ASN running? These two issues is what is keeping me from purchasing the new version.  Thanks. Vic

Vic green

Do not install Opus in a sub-folder of Opus Software, FSX, Prepar3D or Program Files since it causes permission problems.

This error most likely results from a failure to copy the generated weather OpusWeather.WTB file. The software needs to copy this from <opus_folder>\Themes\OpusWeather.WTB to <fsx_folder>\Weather\Themes\OpusWeather.WTB

So, you have either,
not specified the FSX option and identified your FSX installation folder correctly within the Opus Configuration dialog,
or,
your system does not have sharing enabled, or security and permissions set to allow Opus to write to the FSX installation folder.

You can check the first by confirming there is a Weather\themes sub-folder.

You can check the second using the Command Prompt, navigating to <opus_install_folder>\Themes and trying to manually copy the file. Perhaps you have installed FSX in the Program Files folder and there is no sharing or access rights to this folder. Refer to our OpusFSI Getting Started Guide (or OpusFSX Getting Started Guide) for details on how to set up sharing and security permissions.

As far as the T7 weather radar is concerned I believe it will work if you leave the ASN DLL installed but don't run ASN.

Cheryl