Sign in to follow this  
zazaboeing

G1000 frame rate problems

Hi,

Just bought and installed the G1000 avionics and it's great how it really simulates the real unit buuut ... it brought my system down to its knees, like no other add-on ever did. It must be something wrong, I'm running with a decent set up, but flying with this gauges is simply impossible. Rates are around 6,7 fps. Tested with default Baron and 172.

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible to choose simpler configurations/graphics ?

Thank you,

Rafael

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Without knowing anything about your system, I couldn't possibly hazard a guess.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

All I can tell you is that I run PMDG, and Orbx high end sceneries with ease ... here it goes:

Alienware M17x  i7-3940XM @ 4.2 Ghz / 

2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680M

Corsair Vengeance 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1866MHz (2DIMMS) / 

2 x OCZ Vertex 4 SATA3 6Gb/s 512GB SSD /

Windows 8 Pro, 64bit

Rafael Henrique Carelli

I am concerned about this because I have never heard anyone report a frame rate loss like that. Are you running multiple monitors and pop-out gauge windows all over the place, or lots of background software perhaps?

Also, could you provide your order # as I can not locate you in our database.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

No multiple monitors, nor database apps expect for Ezdok.mothing else.

You should better check your database then:

Receipt for your Mindstar Aviation purchase.

Invoice Number: 2004145

Monday, November 10, 2014 6:51:11 PM

Rafael Henrique Carelli

I have located you in the database and the name used for registration does not match the name in your posts. So... checking our database was just fine. Apparently you've forgotten who you are? :smile:

On to the frame rate issue. You are so seriously alone on this... I've never heard of this with absolutely anyone else at all. So, I must admit I am a bit stumped.

You say you are not running anything but Ezdok, absolutely no other programs at all? Aside from that, the only item that stands out for me is Win8. So I'd be curious to know if we have others who use the G1000 with Win8 without issues.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Which sim is this installed in?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

That's great to hear that!! Selling to a lot of Rafael"s" lately means sales are good uh!?

I've done some intensive testing now, points to add:

- If using backup display (pushing that red button, turning MFD into a PFD) it significantly increases fsx performance to an acceptable level.

- Some crashes while adding User Waypoints and panning maps. After a "Abort/Retry/Cancel" (if I recall correctly), it halts the sim.

Sim is FSX with only Ezdok running in background and Fsuipc. Maybe is it aircraft related? I've tested only in the Baron and C172 that comes with the pack.

Regards,

Rafael Henrique Carelli

No... it's definitely something to do with your system. The question is... what?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69