Sign in to follow this  
CordoganAir

Disappearing Taxiways!

I never noticed this in FSX but I've noticed this at several stock airports in P3D 2.4 that the taxiways disappear into the ground mesh. They don't flicker or reappear any advice on how to fix this? Thanks.

2014-11-17_7-21-7-52.jpg

(Edit: The picture didn't load the first time I saw the thread, so my initial recommendation might not have been applicable)

I've seen this issue when taxiways of different materials intersect in both FSX and P3D... the "main" taxiway appears to be asphalt or concrete, and the spurs in this case might be dirt or grass. The FSX/P3D rendering engine tries to make it a smooth transition, but doesn't realize the mess it is making by rounding out the intersection with the hard surface.

What airport is it?

-Greg

Ok people here is the solution. I was cursed with this for I don't know how long. First you need ADE 165 (the latest I think). You will also need the p3d sdk which is available on the LM site. Install it. There are  paths in the ADE editor for program's that are in the SDK directory. They must be set in the ADE. One is a compiler and not sure of the other but it will be in the ADE. Once you have that set open the ADE editor and open the stock airport your having trouble with missing taxiways. It will appear in ADE. In the ADE near the upper right top you will see a button that says " compile " Hit that button and you will see a pop up that say's airport compiled. Now before leaving the ADE (important) make sure you save the airport. That's it. Very simple once things are set up. This has worked for me for every airport I have found that has missing taxiways. As someone mentioned is there a batch file to do all airports  NO at least I haven't seen one. You have to do every airport individually or more simply just the ones you fly into. This is a solution, maybe not the best but it sure works. Have fun

Cheers

Nelson

Oh yea, Toronto Pearson in Canada was really bad. This fixed it real quick :lol:

Nels

This is what I feared having to go into each affected airport individually with ADE...yeeesh

If your looking for a quick fix there isn't any, sorry. As I find them I fix them

Nelson

Somebody want to go through all 25000 airports and check them for us? Be greatly appreciated. :) Hopefully "they" find a comprehensive answer for this.

Somebody want to go through all 25000 airports and check them for us? Be greatly appreciated. :) Hopefully "they" find a comprehensive answer for this.

Wford I saw your name at the top of the signup sheet for p3d airport repairs. See you in a few years lol

I mean really! Do you fly to all 25000 airports?? Not likely. Fix the ones you use and get on with it. This is obviously an LM problem that they seem in no hurry to fix. All I did was give you a solution. Use it or loose it, simple as that

Cheers

Nelson

Shot in the dark, but are you by any chance using MyTraffic 5.4?  If so, the disappearing taxiways are a known issue and this is the fix until a fully P3D v2-compatible version is released.

If not, apologies for the interruption and I'm sure you're already in good hands.

I mean really! Do you fly to all 25000 airports?? Not likely. Fix the ones you use and get on with it. This is obviously an LM problem that they seem in no hurry to fix. All I did was give you a solution. Use it or loose it, simple as that

Cheers

Nelson

We were joking and thanks for your solution

Thanks Paul. ref the above I am using My Traffic 5.4. I didn't know this was an issue. Thanks  Alan, will read the link. Any one else???

Nelson

Cheers

Nelson

kind of difficult to determine which ones I will use or have used but is many more than I have time to stop and fix. A comprehensive repair would be much more logical. Not really a big deal just a little annoying.