Sign in to follow this  
CordoganAir

Disappearing Taxiways!

Considering that it is a previously ignored flag in the airport facilities database that is now required, it's a bit unreasonable to expect anyone, much less L-M to open and fix those airports that are affected.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The fix is there. You either use it or not. You want taxiways fix the airport. Takes 10 sec and two mouse clicks. Sounds very reasonable to me and you only do it once

No one is going to do it  but you!!

Nelson

Have used this fix to fix several airports.  However, I still have airports where the taxiway surfaces are not showing, yet, when I look at the airport in ADE the taxi links are set to "true".

KAST is one of theses airports.  I don't have MyTraffic or anyother program installed that adds ADEs.

Any other ideas?????

Thanks

Danny

Danny

Well, I finally fixed the invisible taxiways.  If the taxiway flags were set to "true" there had to be another bgl conflicting with the scenery.  And, there was.  It seems all of the bgls in the Lands End freeware have the taxiway flags set to false.  Once I changed them to "true" and placed them in the Addon/Scenery folder everything worked as it should.

Just thought I would let everyone know the solution.

Regards,

Danny

Ok people here is the solution. I was cursed with this for I don't know how long. First you need ADE 165 (the latest I think). You will also need the p3d sdk which is available on the LM site. Install it. There are  paths in the ADE editor for program's that are in the SDK directory. They must be set in the ADE. One is a compiler and not sure of the other but it will be in the ADE. Once you have that set open the ADE editor and open the stock airport your having trouble with missing taxiways. It will appear in ADE. In the ADE near the upper right top you will see a button that says " compile " Hit that button and you will see a pop up that say's airport compiled. Now before leaving the ADE (important) make sure you save the airport. That's it. Very simple once things are set up. This has worked for me for every airport I have found that has missing taxiways. As someone mentioned is there a batch file to do all airports  NO at least I haven't seen one. You have to do every airport individually or more simply just the ones you fly into. This is a solution, maybe not the best but it sure works. Have fun

Cheers

Nelson

Oh yea, Toronto Pearson in Canada was really bad. This fixed it real quick :lol:

Nels

Apparently, this issue is due to the program that compiled the airport originally.  Any older airport could potentially suffer from this condition.  My hope is that most airports will be upgraded eventually.  Original freeware authors, please, please give your blessings and help with the cause.  The more people that are included, and allowed to enjoy your work, the more our community will prosper.  I fully expect most scenery developers want to show off their work, let's keep rolling it forward as long as we can.  If it only takes a minor tweak like a recompile, to make some work in the next-gen sim then lets do it!  

Gentlemen of MAIW,  Your collective work is amazing!  It doesn't have to die.  It can keep living, a whole new generation can enjoy it, build and add to it.  FS2004 is 11 years old now.  It's successor FSX is 9 years old.  FSX' successor, is now working on a version 3.  Your beautiful creations, will work with some minor updates.  Please please think about your current policy, and re analyze if it still makes sense.  I dream of the day, I go to the MAIW site, and see an FSX or P3d download button next to a desired scenery.  Sincerely, -Woog   

One of the problems that may be encountered during the recompile process is that some areas designated as aprons may display in a different texture ie concrete instead of grass.

If this is the case use ADE to list the aprons and then edit those that are incorrect as in the way described for taxiways. When you double click to edit an apron it will highlight the apron area being edited which makes it handy for ensuring it is the correct apron.

Cheers

Steve Hall

I found an even simpler solution:  make sure that your ADE taxiway and other drawn surfaces properties are set to: "Draw Surface", because the default is that box is unchecked and P3D doesn't know the difference and only supplies the underlying surface.