Sign in to follow this  
kishshey

Best Global Texture package?

Hey guys

In your opinion what is the BEST Global texture pack for FSX?

Please reply with the ones you use, and you have used before with your opinion on them.

AFAIK, there is only one: FTX Global. The rest (again, AFAIK) are regional, even if they do cover most of the planet if you get them all. I don't recall GEX covering everything, although it covers a lot. FScene might, but that seems to be so far behind the other two as to not be worth considering seriously (not that I've ever had it).

FTXG is a no brainer. It covers the entire world and offers 3d night lighting with adjustable sizes.

You also get many free upgraded airports that can be downloaded separately.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Remember though, if you get FTX Global, which is superb, you really need to also get FTX Vector.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

You definitely need FTX Global.

It's the only real worldwide texture replacement.   It's very good.

But as said above, if you add FTX VECTOR, it will then gove you improved coastlines, inland water bodies, roads, etc, which really lifts worldwide coverage up a few notches.

UTX is roads, rivers, lakes, shorelines, and a few other things.

GEX is a FSX first generation texture program.

UTX is roads, rivers, lakes, shorelines, and a few other things.

GEX is a FSX first generation texture program.

Oh okay, I thought UTX would enhance my Terrain, for example mountains and valleys

Oh okay, I thought UTX would enhance my Terrain, for example mountains and valleys

No UTX won't do that, and neither will FTX Global or FTX Vector; you will need a mesh addon like FS Global 2010 or FSGenesis.

FS Global 2010 completes the whole orbx world along with FSX global and vector and ASN for weather and Rex for the cloud and water textures.

:P Timothy Murphy

FS Global 2010 completes the whole orbx world along with FSX global and vector and ASN for weather and Rex for the cloud and water textures.

You get all this for the fantastic price of about $350. Give & take..... :lol:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

FTX Global = Replacement FSX autogen and textures

FTX Vector = shorelines, golf courses, estuaries, rivers, parks, etc etc

Mesh = Terrain elevation and it's resolution in terms of height and contours this has nothing to do with the look, this is determined by FTX Global's texture files.

Landclass = How and where textures and autogen are geographically placed within the simulation.

FTX Regions = Complete regional enhancements that include all of the above. In addition they also include enhanced airports and autogen specific to the region.

I hope this helps.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776