Sign in to follow this  
SuperCell

Best Small Turbo Prop in FSX/P3D

Well I'm a big King Air fan so as much as I'd like my vote to be for F1's B200. But if the Realair B60 v2 is anything to go by I'd have to go with their Turbo Duke v2 upon realease. Heck even the current Turbo Duke is worthy of a place in best turboprops.

If I had to rank the turboprops (all sizes) it'll go

1. Majestic Dash 8-Q400

2. Realair Turbine Duke v1

3. Flight1 Beechcraft B200

4. Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended

5. PMDG Jetstream J41

Not to discredit Flight1 in anyway. Their King air is a bloody good plane but I'm not too fussed on the G1000 avionics. 

Guest JustanotherPilot

IMO. Carenado PC-12 for a single and the Real Air for a light twin.

Ditto to that

The PMDG Js41 dont work at Prepar3D V2 or higher.

The Virtualcol Saab 340 its bad simulated and the cockpit is not realistic.

¿How plane of similar performance is recomended for you?

I know only one option. Dash 8 Q400 of Majestic, but that it have a MTOW 29 Tons is very higher.

Wait your notice.

Realair turbine or piston duke or flight 1 b200 i just bought its also very good cant wait for turbine v2.

I would stay away from carenado as in my opinion everything is half finished and the systems side of things are not upto scratch the same can be said for the razbam metro 3 i bought this in the sale and i still feel i was ripped off and is the worst purchase i have made in years.

Realair turbine or piston duke or flight 1 b200 i just bought its also very good cant wait for turbine v2.

he same can be said for the razbam metro 3 i bought this in the sale and i still feel i was ripped off and is the worst purchase i have made in years.

Why do you feel the Metro was a bad purchase ?

I would stay away from carenado as in my opinion everything is half finished

Bingo! The B1900D comes to mind with a loud bang.

Why do you feel the Metro was a bad purchase ?

To me it just does not go that extra mile with the polish and finishing touches such as no button click sounds and there is a few problems with it such as engines wont start on occassion and the locks dont work on the throttles unless you go in and change the config file.

I also know that the real metros dont have autopilot but they put one in anyway buy the vs cant be adjusted etc it was nice they included a autopilot function but in doing so they should have made it so all the functions work which they did not so it seems really lazy to me and if they were not going to finish the autopilot functions to a high standard then they should not have bothered implementing it.

I just feel for a product that they want you to pay for they should not rely on someone on the forums cant remember his name adding stuff that should have been there in the first place.

I am very fussy about what addons i buy and i expect them to be of high quality and tested before release Carenado and Razbam in my personal opinion just fall short of my expectations as a payware aircraft they dont go that little bit further such as realair a2a fslabs pmdg.

When i buy any of the above planes i know they will be the most realistic and polished products in my hangar.

This is not the case when i bought Razbam and i wont buy another Carenado either as these are what i call hangar queens.

Fair comments, Razbam could have polished this release a bit more in my opinion.

But the Mods file that is available take it to another level and make it a very enjoyable addon.

Fair comments, Razbam could have polished this release a bit more in my opinion.

But the Mods file that is available take it to another level and make it a very enjoyable addon.

Don't hear enjoyable and Metroliner used together too often lol :P

Don't hear enjoyable and Metroliner used together too often lol :P

I guess youve heard of the silent majority...Metro with Mods is one of my

favorites..Absolutely the best $20 I've ever spent on a plane..

Rick

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

I guess youve heard of the silent majority...Metro with Mods is one of my

favorites..Absolutely the best $20 I've ever spent on a plane..

Rick

I'm referring to the real plane. ;)

So many votes for the PC-12 makes me consider it myself. I have several Carenado aircraft already, but only a couple that "feel" right in regards to flight dynamics. Can some of you comment on the PC-12 in this regard? Is it better than average carenado FD?

And to the OP I will say that the Aerosoft Twotter is really good.

So many votes for the PC-12 makes me consider it myself. I have several Carenado aircraft already, but only a couple that "feel" right in regards to flight dynamics. Can some of you comment on the PC-12 in this regard? Is it better than average carenado FD?

And to the OP I will say that the Aerosoft Twotter is really good.

I think you should consider asking this question at the dedicated Carenado forum for the PC-12, here at AVSim.  I don't have it.  I have been staying away from Carenado offerings of late, due to the never endings tweaks, mods and SP to get their models to work.  To the OP, I know that the RealAir Legacy is not turbo prop, but it is mighty fast.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020