Sign in to follow this  
Ronald Griffin

Can someone please tell me if they've got their ML in EZDok working?

Hi,

Been debugging / testing out EZCA in P3D 2.4. Yes, views work, yes profiles load, and yes most features are solid, however Mouse Look does not seem to function. ML mode does nothing - MMB does nothing (usual pling sound to notify that it has been pressed, moving the mouse simply makes the cursor disappear without changing the view. When editing views, (Numpad 2) ML as always, does not work.

Tested:

EZCA 1.15 in and outside of Symlink environment. FSX.exe / Prepar3d.exe - fully functioning, however no ML

EZCA 1.17 in and outside of Symlink environment. FSX.exe / Prepar3d.exe - fully functioning, however no ML

And finally, EZCA 1.17 P3D beta download, same result as above.

I'm forced to make the assumption that EZCA is unable to control the view via ML in P3D 2.4. I can only again assume, it needs an updated way to communicate with P3D in that regard. One can dream that such an update will happen, but at this point Marniftarr's disappearance seems to point to that not being a possibility.

However, I could be completely wrong - which is why I am here.. does ANYONE have Mouse Look working properly in P3D 2.4 with EZCA? If so, please let me know so I can keep trouble shooting!

I am not running Windows 8. I know FSUIPC can be used as a substitute, but I really do enjoy EZDok's way of handling panning, and without it, I'll probably just keep to FSX. :ph34r:

Efrain,

That's exactly what I mean! And you're achieving this with EZDok as opposed to built in P3D mouselook / FSUIPC?

For example, when you press "ML" on the row of view controls in a look, will that allow you to change the view with your mouse cursor when the P3D window is active?

Much appreciated!

Works here. Did you remember to run the config tool?

Edit: mouse panning works without MMB  if that ML box is checked. Also in the config [ addons menu and  under the ezca window, if you check options there is a default option that has disable the MMB  set.]   

Again : if the Mouselook button is enabled for a view, mouselook is always on. if ML isn't on then you can use the MMB to pan view if you click down and hold the mousewheel[on most mice]

Sometimes it's just better to use the default windows mouse driver too because gaming mice let you assign the MMB and it's not set by default. 

Yes I did, but it's obviously down to my hardware / software configuration then. I will wipe EZCA and start again, if I find the solution, I'll report back here.

It must be something specific with my setup, and with all the migration tools, symlinks, and configuration swaps I'm sure it's no ones' fault but my own.

Thanks again guys.

Yes, Ronald, I am able to pan with EZDOK's mouse look using the middle mouse button. I installed EZDOK using the EMT and then ran the configurator so it could detect all aircrafts in my P3Dv2.4 setup.

The only thing that doesn't work are the world cameras because EZDOK is unable to read the needed memory regions from P3D.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Yes, Ronald, I am able to pan with EZDOK's mouse look using the middle mouse button. I installed EZDOK using the EMT and then ran the configurator so it could detect all aircrafts in my P3Dv2.4 setup.

The only thing that doesn't work are the world cameras because EZDOK is unable to read the needed memory regions from P3D.

Thanks a lot - just for my own trouble shooting, you are running EZCA 1.17 (P3D beta, or just normal FSX?).

Thanks again.

Gentlmen, I think we're on to something here for everyone who has problems with mouse in Windows 8 smiley4.gif

A guy named Frank suggest a weird solution for a problem I had with Windows 8 and some other add-on for FSX (Reality XP gauges, check it out here if interested). His solution solved my problem and also made the mouse issues with EZdok vanish smiley4.gif

Try it and see for yourself:

1. Open the Windows 8 search box: Win + Q
  2. Type: "choose how to report problems"
  3. Select: "Never check for solutions (not recommended)"
After 2 computer restarts, 6 or 7 launches of FSX, different aircrafts, sceneries, airports, seasons and daytimes: it works every time! Hope you all can confirm this.

And anyway, did you guys know about this: http://www.simforums...topic51089.html

I can confirm this trick works, where it never worked for me on Windows 8 before. The solution doesn't make any sense, but very glad you found this!

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands