Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Voice activated checklists

Apols if this is in the wrong place...

This is an interesting little utility that I've come across, and its free! Havent seen it talked about anywhere?

http://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2014/11/18/266-run-through-checklist-interactively/

Its not functional in terms of controlling switches etc in the VC so its not the equivalent of FS2CREW, but if you like this sort of thing, it could help you keep your head out of the paper checklists and in the cockpit :)

It is completely customisable for any a/c by creating your own xml script in a text editor, and if you have any voicepacks (IVONA etc) then you wont have to record any wav file checklist prompts :) Sweet!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I have created an A2A Simulations B-17 package with full crew interaction using this, check out my demo video

http:/youtu.be/iOmvMruvWHg

Very nice indeed :)

Love the soundtrack, where did you get it from? K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

The soundtracks were freeware download, took ages to find the right ones, from memory I searched for suspense and inspirational freeware intros. Whole project took 9mths to complete with help from voice artists from the USA. I wanted to create a feeling of a living crew. The Co-pilot (John Turner) did a wonderful job getting the tone right for all the recordings, over 400 from memory.

The vid doesn't show the crew interaction as its want complete when I created the demo video. 

Its available for download via the Avsim library.

Ive got other projects lines up ... just need the time!!

I also have a Voice Controlled Checklists facebook page ... www.facebook.com/VoiceControlChecklists

would love to see the crew interaction when its ready...have you done any GA aircraft at all? I'm sure the Cherokee and new 182 from A2A would benefit :) K

Heh, I'm the guy that wrote that program. I never even knew that page existed.

Here's the main project page. Glad you're enjoying it.

https://code.google.com/p/voice-activated-checklists/

just installed it this morning, great little utility :) thanks! are there any other developments planned for it at all? Cheers K

xaP1VAU.png

Not really interested in doing, GA. My aim was to cover aircraft I use that are not covered by FS2Crew. I have two projects in mind but no start dates yet.

The Avsim download is the latest ver with all the crew included.

Rich

would love to see the crew interaction when its ready...have you done any GA aircraft at all? I'm sure the Cherokee and new 182 from A2A would benefit :) K

just installed it this morning, great little utility :) thanks! are there any other developments planned for it at all? Cheers K

None planned. The code is of course open source, so if you're handy with a keyboard. Dig in.

I've also got a simple camera app too that I'm thinking of releasing. It's nowhere near the functionality of EZDok, more like X-Plane quick cameras. It's controlling the SimConnect API via C#.

Thanks Paul, I dont have the necessary skills I'm afraid, but thanks for what you've done! Cheers K

xaP1VAU.png