Sign in to follow this  
k1fox

Fsx/Opusfsi Camera Problem

I have a problem when setting up camera views with Opus. Sometimes when trying to set up a Camera view, FSX will crash, reporting ntdll errors. I just wish Opus had developed an in game interface to set up camera views so we don't have to minimize FSX and use their external interface because sometimes just minimizing and maximizing FSX makes it crash. When trying to set up the view most of the times FSX just doesn't stay put also - it minimizes itself when I start to interact with Opus.

I already have that since that dll is a must with FSX but I will try that specific version. Is it recommended to let Opus download and inject the weather fully before I set up views? 

An in game interface would make absolutely no difference. One problem that has just been rectified in OpusFSI (the same fix will be included in OpusFSX after some beta testing) is a problem with LCC controls during camera view switching or transitions.

Once again, an in game solution would be pointless and useless and only serves to affect the performance of the sim.

Of course you MUST implement the well known fix above for FSX, that's due to problems in the FSX code and nothing to do with Opus or any other addon. Opus also cannot cause FSX to minimise.

Stephen :-)

Of course, using OpusFSI you could use a 6-axis GamePad controller then there is no problem. You can simply alter the eye point using your dedicated LCC GamePad controls.

Makes no difference about injecting weather, has nothing to do with Live Camera editing.

You could try uninstalling and installing the latest OpusFSI Beta version 4.10.1 which includes the LCC fix.

Also instead of repeatedly minimising and maximising why not just change to Windowed mode that way you won't be relying on FSX switching from full screen mode. Note there is another bug in FSX which does not allow the correct use of dialogs when in full screen mode. This bug is known to black screen the sim amoungst other things.

So just change your procedure slightly and use the latest beta.

I don't use LCC as I want plane specific views and DHM options and I only would want to set them up one time and not every time I fly. Also, I keep FSX in windowed mode when setting up views and it crashes from there when interacting with Opus because obviously, I wouldn't be able to do it from full screen mode.

You should not switch to full screen mode though, and simply maximise the FSX display whilst using the controller to adjust the view. So you only switch between maximised and restore normal mode.

We have no other reports of any problems with camera editing and would expect to be flooded with reports if this was a software problem. Of course the program only interacts using 6DOF requests. In such cases the only possible problem that camera editing could cause would be a 6DOF exception. These would be reported in the Spy window but should never cause FSX to crash.

With no LCC controller you should edit in windowed, non maximised, mode. I will double check tomorrow but was editing cameras in FSX yesterday with no problems other that those corrected in the beta.

I would still try the latest beta and also check your Configure and Shortcuts dialog settings.

Stephen

You could also try re installing SimConnect using our msi. Also use the editing arrow keys to see what your sim doesn't like. They only adjust the 6DOF eye point though. Is the sim ok with DHM test modes, that will check out its ability to respond to 6DOF SimConnect requests.

Stephen

Of course make sure no other view changing software is active, including AccuFeel.

In House Test ...

OK, I have just tried editing VC and External views whilst FSX is in Windowed mode, trying to switch between Maximised and Restoring its original size. No problems to report at all. Not even when temporarily switching to Full Screen (ALT-ENTER) mode via the in-game menu.

No problems at all no matter what I do. My screen resolution is 2560 x 1600 pixels using a Dell 30-inch monitor.

Try re-installing your SimConnect using our msi. Try updating windows as a recent upgrade included the dot NET framework.

Does your system have sufficient memory, latest graphics drivers etc..

Sorry I just cannot recreate the problem with my FSX, no matter what I do, or in what sequence. As I said, its almost impossible for an 'external' program to crash the sim. Crash itself yes, the sim no.

Stephen

Is the Simconnect MSI in the Opus folder? I will have to check later when I'm home and I will also disable Accu-feel and report back. However, I'm using Opus with A2A planes but I have accu-feel separately too. It has crashed with Carenado aircrafts too so the planes are not the problem. I don't know why my FSX acts weird in windowed mode - minimizing itself when I attempt to use another program like OPUS etc. I have the latest FSUIPC and I recently repaired FSX and reinstalled the Service Packs. Deleting the FSX.cfg and rebuilding it fresh will solve the problem temporarily but it as I install new sceneries etc, the problem eventually reoccurs. I also have the latest 14.9 drivers for my ATI card and my windows 8.1 is up-to-date.

You should not be using AccuFeel to make any view adjustments, so yes there will be a conflict. There is only one eye point in the sim and you cannot have two programs trying to adjust it.

So disable AccuFeel view control, or completely, and re install SimConnect using our msi in your OpusFSI folder, you should also check all the above as well.

The sceneries may also be a problem. All installed sceneries take up valued resources (memory) within the sims very limited address space. FSX has always been renown for crashing when it runs out of resources.

How much memory does your system have and how many 'in game' addons are active !

OpusFSI is an external program, deliberately designed that way to have little if any effect on the sim. It certainly could not crash the sim externally, it is completely external and isolated from the sim.

Stephen

Still sounds to me like either a resource problem on you system or an AccuFeel conflict within FSX. I would put my money on your sim running low on resource heightened by the detailed scenery. It's always a careful juggling act with FSX but it never likes or can handle running out of resources. You should never have two sources of eye point control either, the sim won't be able to cope correctly with that.

As I mentioned above we cannot recreate any problems with Live Camera editing and display changes, no matter what we do, when or how often we do it.

Stephen

If you want you can also email me your FSXSERVER.CAM file and I will check it out on my system using your exact camera configuration.

Stephen