Sign in to follow this  
Happichap

PMDG MD11 reinstallation

Hello,

Following a total failure of my computer I have started again including a new computer and server for emails/downloads etc.  I have tried to reinstall MD11 for FSX but am told that my order is out of date.

How can I overcome this problem??

Thanks in advance

PMDG has a program where for about $5 or $6 one can redownload their products...I suggest you check with them on their site about this feature....

Sounds to me like he has it, it won't let him install it. I think a ticket to support should fix it up? I have never had the problem, but then I don't have the MD-11 either.

Presume it was a download product to begin with and not a CD install requiring an internet connection to install?  Does PMDG require internet connection for install?

I agree, always back up.  I had a similar problem with another product, had the backup but still no install. If you buy the extended download, is that sort of "cloud" backup.....its there as long as PMDG exists.

DM2

KLAX

Yes PMDG does require internet connection for re-install. It will  ask for the email  address which was used when the download version was purchased, and the Order Number ID.

andy a

My error.  Sorry should have been more specific. Do they require internet connection for both download and CD versions of the product. 

My PMDG 747-400 (FS9) is CD and direct install without internet connection requirements.  I can see the internet connection requirement for a download. I lost some (download) product when Brand "X" went away so I try to buy CD where possible, which is probably one of the reasons why I stay with FS9.  All the later stuff seems to be download only anymore.

The download version requires an active internet connection to verify the product key and order number.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020