Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Best setup

Hi guys!

I just purchased Prepar3d and im looking forward to play it. I had a test run, but i notice its a bit laggy with the default settings.

My speccs:

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition (Socket-AM3+, 4.0GHz, 8-Core, 8MB L2 + 8MB L3 Cache)

8 GB RAM

Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you guys recommend to make the game run smooth? I dont know much about tweaking, so i just dont wanna mess up anything.. Thats why i ask here :)

Thanks!

welcome to simming. I use FSX, but i'm sure someone will respond soon to help you out.

Rob martn

welcome to simming. I use FSX, but i'm sure someone will respond soon to help you out.

Rob martn

Thank you Rob!

I forgot to mention, but im on around 20-22 FPS ingame.

Your CPU, ram, and GPU look very adequate for the sim. You should be able to obtain alot better frame rate with those IF the hard drive is fast enough...

P3D and FSX are both highly dependent on the hard disk where they reside...constant access during the entire session. With my system, very 'moderate' settings on scenery, AI traffic, etc., I get frame rates ranging from the 30's to the 50's.

My system:

AMD FX-6350 6 core 3.9GHZ

8GB ram

MSI GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5

500GB SSD drive for programs and OS

1TB hard drive for data storage

I think that if I didn't have the SSD, I would be lucky to get frame rates of 20...

Your CPU, ram, and GPU look very adequate for the sim. You should be able to obtain alot better frame rate with those IF the hard drive is fast enough...

P3D and FSX are both highly dependent on the hard disk where they reside...constant access during the entire session. With my system, very 'moderate' settings on scenery, AI traffic, etc., I get frame rates ranging from the 30's to the 50's.

My system:

AMD FX-6350 6 core 3.9GHZ

8GB ram

MSI GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5

500GB SSD drive for programs and OS

1TB hard drive for data storage

I think that if I didn't have the SSD, I would be lucky to get frame rates of 20...

I use SSD, but only 62 gb left on it.

But i turned off FXAA and that seemed to help a little bit. Getting 20-30 now, but was hoping for more!

Check and make sure that you don't have background programs running that are taking up too much of your CPU resources. Some things, such as ANY Norton or McAfee system security programs, will hog your CPU and your hard drive time. I'm not suggesting you leave your system unprotected at all, just letting you know that some programs that run in the background can cause issues.

Check and make sure that you don't have background programs running that are taking up too much of your CPU resources. Some things, such as ANY Norton or McAfee system security programs, will hog your CPU and your hard drive time. I'm not suggesting you leave your system unprotected at all, just letting you know that some programs that run in the background can cause issues.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials, works well, runs in the background with a very small footprint, & best of all - it's free!

Lyn the trucker

FSX - XP11 - MSFS         Ryzen 5900x - Asus X570 VIII Hero - RTX 4090 - G.SKILL Trident 32 GB DDR4 - WD SN750 M2 1TB + Samsung SSD 250GB - HP Reverb G2 - Win 10/64

Hi again. Im stilling having issues with low fps. To be more detailed:

Speccs and installed addons:

Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor    (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (4 gb minne)

Addons:

Orbx - FTX: EU Norway
Torp - Sandefjord X
Mega Airport Oslo V2.0
AoN 3.70 P3D FTXN
Carenado B200 KING AIR HD SERIES
PHENOM 100 HD SERIES
Carenado PC12 HD SERIES

My settings:

http://i.imgur.com/y0BvAfV.png

http://i.imgur.com/SwzGsQi.png

http://i.imgur.com/AmfF3qk.png

http://i.imgur.com/mffbvm3.png

http://i.imgur.com/z9aMsKN.png

How can i make this game run smoother with good fps?