Sign in to follow this  
8thFW_Maverick

Light problems in KJAC

Hello Guys,

I have installed ORBX airports KJAC and PAKT and start FSX in DX10 mode after installation of DX10 Scenery Fixer. I also use also nVIDIA Inspector acc. the DX10 how-to guide. When I start a flight in the night a have around the floodlights of the Airport and around the streetlights yellow squares.

When I use only "DX10 Compatible Reflections" everything is fine - like in DX9 mode.

So, who can help me to solve the Problem?

Best regards

Oliver

What problem - You say when you use DX10 Compatible Reflection it is fixed? or are you saying perhaps that you untick v2 transparency? It isn't clear.

If the latter is the case then for that airport you need v2 transparency unticked. As it explains in the manual not all the information to display legacy scenery is available - therefore DX10SF has to guess, occasionally it gets it wrong, in these case you need to adjust the slider and options, but this may in turn cause possible issues at other legacy airports.

I have seen the picture on the ftx forum, its a transparency issue, moving the legacy slider one way or the other and disabling v2 transparency will almost certainly fix it but as I have explained may cause side effects.

I really don't follow what the issue is - you say above that its now working although I am not 100% certain what settings you used.

Actually sorry - I just spotted that you have said its Orbx so this isn't a legacy issue.

The line

"When I use only "DX10 Compatible Reflections" everything is fine - like in DX9 mode." was confusing me - I thought that this was a legacy airport and you were referring to the legacy dialog which has a button to turn DX10Compatible Reflection off and on.

My guess now given these are Orbx airports is that you are referring to the install libraries dialog

Do you have the latest copy of the airports and have you downloaded and installed the latest build of the orbx libraries after installing the airports?

Given the new information you are probably missing some textures for those lights - DX9 will ignore missing textures but DX10 displays a square box.

Other things to check are have you ticked the 8 bit fix in the Other dialog in Dx10SF (this should be left unticked normally) and is everything ticked in the debug dialog.

Orbx try and make all their sceneries work with DX10 so if that doesn't fix it then ask on their support forum. They are usually pretty responsive.

If they cannot help then try turning on MissingTextureAlert in fsx.cfg - the instructions are in the manual about pg 100/101 and then when you have found the names of the missing textures ask Orbx to provide them.

If you look at the black squares on Corenado thread on the DX10 discussions forum that is an example of a similar problem with an aircraft shipped with missing textures.

Ok see what they come back with - you could ask wulbindewald if he has the fx_hugh texture in his fsx/effects/tecture directory

That one is a texture associated with effects the other two are probably some cars or aircraft.

Ok see what they come back with - you could ask wulbindewald if he has the fx_hugh texture in his fsx/effects/tecture directory

That one is a texture associated with effects the other two are probably some cars or aircraft.

I have the fx_hugh texture in my directory. I could sort out the transperancy problem by temp. deactivating the texture file.

In the corresponding Orbx forum this issue has been clarified as the dev has provided a link to a couple of missing files in the Effects folder.

Wulf