Sign in to follow this  
Murray_CHYZ

Need help connecting MCE to RC4

Hello!

I searched but did not find a similar issue. I followed the MCE manual which tells you (sort of) how to connect MCE (latest version) to RC4 (latest version "4.3"). I changed  2 lines in the mce.ini (see them below)...

...Roaming \ Multi Crew Experience \ mce.ini

UseRadarContact=1  <----- I changed this to 1 (0ne) from 0 (zero)

IgnoreRC4Registry=1 <------- I changed this to 1 because (as you all know) when you upgrade to RC4.3, you copy, then rename the copied folder to something else (RC4X in my case).

Anyway, RC4X is located at "C:\RC4X. When I start FSX, then RC4, then MCE (as suggested), MCE starts it's splash screen and then, after a bit, minimizes itself to the taskbar. When I double click it to bring up the Control Panel, it is in "Dialog Mode". I click the ATC tab and the "Where is RC4 message" pops up. I point it to the correct path for "rcv4.exe" and I then see the section at the bottom of the ATC tab that says that RC4 is active. But... MCE does not work. If I move to any other tab, and them come back to the ATC tab, it again asks me for the path to RC4... and still it does not work... stuck in Dialog Mode only. I try to close/exit MCE's Control Panel, it again asks me for the path to RC4.

I have tried to directly type the path to "RC4X" in the mce.ini file... but, no joy!

I have set FSX, RC4, and MCE in "administration mode" thinking that MCE was being prevented from saving the RC4 path in mce.ini. I have completely shut down all my security software... ESET NOD32 and Windows Firewall.... no joy!

I hope someone can give me some advice.

Thanks!

Murray

UPDATE:

I just now got it to work... by NOT following the MCE guide! I started FSX, "then" MCE. Once that was working, I started RC4. I then clicked on the ATC tab in MCE and it asked me for the path to RC4... it popped that window up a few time, and finally accepted the path! I just spent 3 hours to get this to work.

Hope this helps the next guy!

Murray