Sign in to follow this  
Murray_CHYZ

Give praise where it is due!

Hello!

I just wanted to express my personal praise for MCE. Although I have been a "bit" frustrated with getting the program setup, now that it is, I find it to be an excellent product. The only thing MCE needs now is a pilot who knows how to give it correct commands... and that's on me. Having MCE translate my voice responses to RC4 is a fantastic thing. I have used VocATC for quite a few years, and although it is a good product, I am happier with MCE/RC4.  I just wish RC4 would give me a bit more time to respond!!! :)

Thanks MCE and Thanks RC4!

Murray      

Its a great program for sure!

Once you have it working to your liking it will stay that way. All updates are free of charge and easy to install. That means all future aircraft released and supported are free. Support is also efficient and fast direct to the programmer. (Who knows a thing or two about getting switches to work!) 

The T7 is fully supported and works without glitches! :rolleyes:

Its also great practise for ATC procedures. Not to mention checklists and flows which you yourself can customise to your personal preference!

So its a happy day!

Best Regards

David

Totally agree about the excellent support but, as I've said before, pity the updates aren't incremental, as over half a gigabyte takes forever to download on my slow internet connection.

How about it, FS++ ?

Totally agree about the excellent support but, as I've said before, pity the updates aren't incremental, as over half a gigabyte takes forever to download on my slow internet connection.

How about it, FS++ ?

There are updates and UPDATES.

The major ones only happen once every two months, say when a new complex aircraft is supported, or a feature like Voxscript is introduced. And all users are notified via e-mail.

As for the micro-updates, only people who follow the forum, or have raised a specific issue here or via e-mail, would be aware of them.

We don't use a patch-up system, because it would imply "copy these files and then paste them here, overwriting this and that exe. Windows security won't like that and may flag some files as suspicious, especially when files are replaced in C:\Program Files..\ folder

We use Windows Installer technology, which worked great over 5 years.

If you have a capped download service and hear about a micro update, enquire with support and state which complex aircraft you care about, and we'll let you know whether you should go ahead with it or ignore it.

These micro-updates aren't about MCE, FSX stability issues or things like that. It's more about tweaking FO behaviour based on feedback, make him more or less chatty, fixing switch X on aircraft A (sometimes happens after aircraft maker has released service packs which occasionallybreaks things, or simply an oversight). Don't forget we support almost all the popular complex aircraft out there.

And the only aircraft that have SDK to ease the pain are...

PMDG 777, NGX 737

Aerosoft Airbus X

iFly 737

Level-D 767

Incidentally, the only ones the "other" voice control can interface

Thanks for the explanation.

As a complete computer duffer, I've just been installing all the updates (it seems every few days) on the grounds that the latest must be the best.

In future I'll await your notification before jumping the gun !