Sign in to follow this  
Skkuda

Need some hints!

Hi people!

Today was performing a flight NZWN - NZAA and at some point when trying to get the condition levers into the min/850 position I did a mistake and put them into start and feather.

So as soon as I can I revert them into a min/850 again but......

in the overhead panel #1 PEC and #2 PEC signals become illuminated, and in the engine mfd prop needles became yellow and stay stucked at that setting no matter what.....

I get lost didnt know what to do.

The plane still flown with two engines but at the end my machine hangs for another reason.

can someone here explain me what happens the indications meanings and what should be done in such situation?

Hope you all understand my english.

Thanks in advance

Hi, you put the props into start feather and the caution is alerting you that the PEC unit (the computer that controls engine autofeather and other goodies) has gone offline.

You could clear it by putting the lever into fuel cutoff and then restarting the engine in the normal way. I think in the real one they just put up with it until landing, but I can check on that. It's very easy to do in the sim and is why we recommend using a throttle quadrant with the Q400.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com