Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Assigning controllers to the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke (Dash Q400 and NGX)

Hi! Didn't know where to post this so I'll try here.

I just purchased the Saitek Pro Flight yoke and I'm wondering if its possible, for instance on the Majestic Dash Q400, to assign the condition levers to the two rightmost quadrants (blue and red) that comes with the yoke. I'm guessing I will be needing FSUIPC in that case, but do I need the registered version then?

In addition, I noticed that the throttle may be retracted just below 0 %. Is it possible to assign this to the reverse throttle then? Getting tired of using F2 to be honest. 

Cheers

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Yes - 

For using the Saitek's throttle axis for the Condition levers, you simply need to assign them in standard FSX settings (just look for the assignments for "Engine 1 Prop" and "Engine 2 Prop", and assign them as you would any other axis).

You should then find that when you move them back to approximately the first 'marked line' on the Saitek quad's casing, the Q400 will move to '900' (climb power).  The next mark should be '850' (cruise), and the mark after should be 'feather/start'.   The bottom of the axis should be cut off.

I've never needed to use the Majestic Control Panel to tweak the axis settings for these - it just seems a convenient fluke / coincidence that the Q400's Condition Lever range points, match up to the marked lines of the Saitek's axis range. :smile:

For your second question (reverse thrust):

Regarding the bottom of each Saitek Quad's lever axes;  the bit where you can push it further, ("below 0%"), are actually buttons.   In other words moving the axis there, triggers a button.     You can therefore use standard FSX Assignments, to set this 'button' to F2 ("Throttle Cut (Quickly)").  Make sure the 'repeat' marker in FSX is set to full).   Or, it can be done in FSUIPC Registered, too.

I think you do then need to open the Majestic Control Panel, and go to the throttle settings page, and set your throttle range, so that the bottom of your throttle axis is 'Idle' and not 'Reverse'.

All the above sounds much more complex than it really is.

Good luck. :smile:

Yes - 

For using the Saitek's throttle axis for the Condition levers, you simply need to assign them in standard FSX settings (just look for the assignments for "Engine 1 Prop" and "Engine 2 Prop", and assign them as you would any other axis).

You should then find that when you move them back to approximately the first 'marked line' on the Saitek quad's casing, the Q400 will move to '900' (climb power).  The next mark should be '850' (cruise), and the mark after should be 'feather/start'.   The bottom of the axis should be cut off.

I've never needed to use the Majestic Control Panel to tweak the axis settings for these - it just seems a convenient fluke / coincidence that the Q400's Condition Lever range points, match up to the marked lines of the Saitek's axis range. :smile:

For your second question (reverse thrust):

Regarding the bottom of each Saitek Quad's lever axes;  the bit where you can push it further, ("below 0%"), are actually buttons.   In other words moving the axis there, triggers a button.     You can therefore use standard FSX Assignments, to set this 'button' to F2 ("Throttle Cut (Quickly)").  Make sure the 'repeat' marker in FSX is set to full).   Or, it can be done in FSUIPC Registered, too.

I think you do then need to open the Majestic Control Panel, and go to the throttle settings page, and set your throttle range, so that the bottom of your throttle axis is 'Idle' and not 'Reverse'.

All the above sounds much more complex than it really is.

Good luck. :smile:

Thank you very much, it actually sounded really simple. I will try it later  :good:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

You might like LINDA as a great tool for assigning buttons/switches on the quadrant (or yoke). Using LINDA every button  press permits two assignments--one on press and another on release. As an example: My settings include

#press button 14 (first one on bottom of quadrant) Sets Engine 1 Ignition switch to NORMAL

#release sets engine 2 to NORMAL

#press button 15 SELECTS engine 2

#release button 15 STARTS engine 2

etc., etc.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg