Sign in to follow this  
yafatana

Does fsx realy crash on windows 8.1

I have windows 7 and want to upgrade to windows 8.1 but I watched some videos on YouTube about how fsx crash to desktop suddenly during flight

I can only speak for myself, having Windows 8 since they came out, and now 8.1, never had an issue of random crashes with FSX. I had an issue with a crashes upon exiting FSX, but that was because of a faulty driver.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

As tempting as it may be, stay away from Windows 8.1, the joystick problem is still there. Windows 10 on the other hand shows more promise.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "WIN8 OS Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Jude Bradley, the joystick issue must be just with particular joysticks or something. I'm using the Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick and it's never failed yet. I've done over 500 hours of flights with it on Windows 8.1 with no problem.

Well most users here are using Saitek equipment, and it seems prevalent but not limited to Saitek. Other applications such as X-Plane and Flight also have the same issue with the disconnect.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I remember having the issue as an early adopter to 8/8.1, then using the USB sleep fixes to the OS registry that can be found on these forums; fixed!  To be honest I can't remember if I applied the fixes to 8 or 8.1.

FYI, I have done a completely new Build/install (OS 8.1/MB/CPU/MEM/SSD's/VID/FSX etc)  last year without making any modifications to the registry and haven't had a single problem with USB devices randomly sleeping as outlined by others.

I run 23 Saitek, along with other, usb devices without any problems, period.

Of course as they say "your mileage may differ".

Rick S.