Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Which FS addon aircraft has the best FDE, in your opinion?

I would venture to say that I am completely unqualified to say the word 'best' when it comes to FDE's.

I can however cheerfully use the word 'favorite'.

Therefore, my favorite aircraft to fly, based solely on feel of the flight model and not any other detail, and not ranked in any particular order, are:

- Carenado C185

- Sibwings AN-2

- A2A Cub

- Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended

- VRS Superbug

- Cera Sim UH-60

- RealAir Lancair Legacy

- Aerosoft Lightning

A diverse selection, but any of these put a big smile on my face while flying, for obviously different reasons.  The pleasure of a landing a true STOL plane like the AN-2 is obviously quite a bit different than nailing a carrier landing in the Superbug, or hanging on for dear life as the Lightning cuts loose on the runway.

Nor is my list set in stone.  My current favorites are always changing.  From what I've experienced so far, the new A2A offering brings enough special sauce to the table that I'll likely put it on my list once I have more time in it.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Carenado Stolle version of the Commander 114.

Carenado Malibu/Meridian/Matrix  and JetProp of that Piper body type.

EagleSoft Citation X 2.0 extreme

The only thing I've flown is the C172 and the Grumman Tiger... but I don't have sims of those... too slow.

Well above others is the

1. A2A B377. Its just unbelievable how you can "feel" the flaps coming out, or how the engines are pushing them to the limit. And to tempt her up to the air in heavy load...

2. Sibwings An-2, same as above in smaller scale. Especially waking up the engine is spectacular.

3. Realair Legacy, really not my type of aircraft in sim, but the "feel" is there.

4. PMDG J41. This one is a dangerous glider in landings and bites if you are not alert. Also the engine start-up is fascinating. I don't understand why there is no cold and dark situation by the publisher. Luckily there is the user lua-file around to take care of that.

5. Aerosoft's Catalina, Twotter and Bronco are in heavy use, maybe a good fde plays a part in that?