Sign in to follow this  
Basetxerri

pixelated shadows

Good night,

I’m having some issues in Prepa3dv2 with the shadowing, they all look really pixelated and trembling.

Hope anybody knows a solution

Thank you

No solution, you aren't the only one having this issue though. It's like there is no AA on the shadows at all..

Any hope of achieving this may lie in Nvidia Inspector - thinking I may have to revisit this option

Rich Sennett

Oddly I don't notice it with the DX10 shadows in FSX in the new A320. I came back to P3D after flying the A320 in FSX all week and was like these shadows look bad!

Notice how clean the shadows are. This is with 8X SGSS.

2014_11_16_22_53_53_489.jpg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Oddly I don't notice it with the DX10 shadows in FSX in the new A320. I came back to P3D after flying the A320 in FSX all week and was like these shadows look bad!

Notice how clean the shadows are. This is with 8X SGSS

Confused Dave are you saying the shadows are terrible in P3D if so then this is a screenshot from FSX ?

Rich Sennett

Confused Dave are you saying the shadows are terrible in P3D if so then this is a screenshot from FSX ?

Yea the shot is from FSX in Dx10 mode. Sorry I'm a bit scatter brained been studying for finals all week!!!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Yea the shot is from FSX in Dx10 mode. Sorry I'm a bit scatter brained been studying for finals all week!!!

Ah thanks Dave and these settings are not working well for you in P3D (8X SGSS) ? if so thats scary

Rich Sennett

Ah thanks Dave and these settings are not working well for you in P3D (8X SGSS) ? if so thats scary

Haven't tried them I heard setting AA in Nvidia inspector for P3D will kill the FPS

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Haven't tried them I heard setting AA in Nvidia inspector for P3D will kill the FPS

Got yah Dave you can use it but have to be careful with SGSS - try 4 - certainly you may take a hit but maybe not much from what I remember - give and take in this business for sure - Nvidia has to address this without NI intervention and I wouldn't hold my breath :)

Rich Sennett

Finals?? At yer age?...for what your second PhD?

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Finals?? At yer age?...for what your second PhD?

Bachelors I'm 24 lol

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Sorrrrrrryyyy...I was looking at the old fart, Richard Sennett's profile...

By the way… Good luck!… Young'in

...grin

C

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Sorrrrrrryyyy...I was looking at the old fart, Richard Sennett's profile...

By the way… Good luck!… Young'in

...grin

C

Thanks!!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I get shadows like these:

2niv3w2.jpg

No solution, you aren't the only one having this issue though. It's like there is no AA on the shadows at all..

Then is there anything that I can do to make things better?

And why is this happening?

Thank you so much

I've noticed this pixalation with shadows in-cockpit as well. I turned up shadow quality to medium and it improves it a bit on my system.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg